Thread: Miranda Lambert

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

Default Miranda Lambert

new album released Sept 29th

from the album - Dead Flowers

from wikipedia

Miranda Lambert (born November 10, 1983) is an American country music artist who gained fame as a finalist on the 2003 season of Nashville Star, where she finished in third place and later signed to Epic Records. Lambert made her debut with the release of "Me and Charlie Talking", the first single from her 2005 debut album Kerosene. This album, which was certified Platinum in the United States, also produced the singles "Bring Me Down", "Kerosene", and "New Strings". All four singles were Top 40 hits on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts.

After the closure of Epic's Nashville division, Lambert was transferred to Columbia Records Nashville for her second album, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, which was released in early 2007. Although the title track failed to make top 40, the next three singles ("Famous in a Small Town", "Gunpowder & Lead", and "More Like Her") were all Top 20 hits, with "Gunpowder & Lead" becoming her first Top 10 country hit in July 2008.

As of February 2009, Miranda Lambert has been in the studio recording her third studio album, Revolution, which will be released on September 29, 2009. Lambert wrote or co-wrote all but three of the album's 15 tracks; the album also includes co-writes from Dave Haywood and Charles Kelley of Lady Antebellum and Blake Shelton. An EP, titled Dead Flowers, will be released on September 8, 2009. The EP, available exclusively at Best Buy, features "Dead Flowers" and three bonus tracks previously included on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

Lambert debuted her new single, "Dead Flowers", at the 44th annual Academy of Country Music Awards on April 5, 2009. It was released to country radio on May 4, 2009, and was a minor Top 40 hit on the charts. The album's second single, "White Liar", was released on August 17, 2009, and debuted at #50 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.

In 2009, Lambert (along with two other singers), became the new face of Cotton Inc.’s revived “The Touch, The Feel of Cotton” campaign. She has appeared in ads to promote cotton, and the website features a free download of the full version of her song, "Fabric of My Life."

On September 24, 2009, Lambert will perform all the tracks on Revolution in sequence at the Ryman Auditorium, five days before its scheduled release date.

album review from all music guide

While Miranda Lambert’s first two albums spun tales of kerosene fires, bar fights, and firearmed vengeance, Revolution finds the Texan taking some degree of comfort in her relationship with Blake Shelton, whose influence helps govern the album’s mellow moments. Lambert has never played by anyone’s rules, be they dictated by Nashville or society in general, but she has carved out her own set of principles over the course of a four-year career. Accordingly, Revolution offers a strong, cohesive take on what has quickly become the “Lambert sound:” a blend of lilting ballads and loud, fire-breathing anthems, many of which owe as much to rock & roll as country. She’s more comfortable with the slower songs this time around, and “Dead Flowers” is perhaps her strongest vocal performance to date. Even so, the harder numbers continue to pack the strongest punch. When Lambert howls her way through “Maintain the Pain” — whose phaser-laden guitar underscores a decision to “put a bullet in my radio” — she wields a double-edged sword like a pro, courting the Nashville crowd while simultaneously sending a kiss-off to those who deem her too dangerous.

Track Listing
    1."White Liar" (Miranda Lambert, Natalie Hemby) — 4:48
    2."Only Prettier" (Lambert, Hemby) — 3:09
    3."Dead Flowers" (Lambert) — 3:59
    4."Me and Your Cigarettes" (Lambert, Ashley Monroe, Blake Shelton) — 2:24
    5."Maintain the Pain" (Lambert) — 2:17
    6."Airstream Song" (Lambert, Hemby) — 2:48
    7."Makin' Plans" (Lambert) — 3:50
    8."Time to Get a Gun" (Fred Eaglesmith) — 3:55
    9."Somewhere Trouble Don't Go" (Julie Miller) — 3:21
    10."The House That Built Me" (Tom Douglas, Allen Shamblin) — 3:56
    11."Love Song" (Lambert, Shelton, Charles Kelley, Dave Haywood) — 2:49
    featuring Charles Kelley and Dave Haywood of Lady Antebellum
    12."Heart Like Mine" (Lambert, Monroe, Travis Howard) — 2:57
    13."Sin for a Sin" (Lambert, Shelton) — 3:28
    14."That's the Way The World Goes 'Round" (John Prine) — 3:25
    15."Virginia Bluebell" (Lambert, Hemby, Jennifer Kennard) — 3:46
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.”
    Will Rogers

Smile karaoke songs

Thank you so much for info sir

Record Label Executive Lovely Linda's Avatar
    Wilmington, N.C.

This is probably my favorite song Miranda sings. Hey, is that preacher Jamey Johnson

Modern Country: You don't have to stay in key. They will put you in key.. Merle Haggard