Thread: Black Sabbath To Say ‘Goodbye’

Default Black Sabbath To Say ‘Goodbye’

After five decades, Black Sabbath will launch a farewell tour next year.

The heavy metal band starring Ozzy Osbourne announced dates for its The End tour, which kicks off Jan. 20, 2016, in Omaha, Nebraska.

Osbourne, guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler will visit 17 North American cities before heading to Australia and New Zealand for seven shows. More concerts will be announced next month.

Original drummer Bill Ward, who had a falling out with Osbourne, is not part of the tour.

The Grammy-winning group released its self-titled debut album in 1970. They are pioneers of heavy metal music.

Black Sabbath said in a statement: "When this tour concludes, it will truly be THE END, THE END of one of the most legendary bands in Rock 'n Roll history."

<< Rock Tours 2015 - Only the best rock events of the year! >>

From Cape Town, South Africa

The end of an era. My favourite BS albums were 'Technical Ecstasy' & 'Sabotage'. As Neil Young once said - 'It's better to burn out than to fade away'
    'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

i just never got into Sabbath at all...I was too young back in the day when they were at their peak and by time I got to know who they were theyd already gone under the bridge and out of sight.