My five favourite composers are...............
My five favourite composers varies over time, so I would have to alter it later on, but right now it is:-
I would be interested to see who other Discusian's like?
1. Gabriel Fauré (for his Requiem in d minor, Op. 48, part VII: In Paradisum)
2. Edward Elgar (for his Enigma Variations, part IX: Nimrod)
3. Film music composer Alexandre Desplat (for his soundtracks of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 and Part 2; of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)
4. Ralph Vaughan Williams (for his Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis)
5. Film music composers Hans Zimmer, John Williams and James Horner
1 Edvard Grieg for Peer Gynt
2 Camille Saint-Säens for Carnival of the Animals and specifically Fossils.
3 Sergei Prokofiev for his march # 99 and most importantly Battle on the Ice in Alexander Nevsky.
4 Johann Strauss II for his many marches and Polkas.
My two favorite polkas are Par Force and Plappermaulchen because they are written by two different composers, have two distinctly different sounds with the transition between the two so minute that they can be played back to back with the listener barely noticing a change between the two provided Par Force is the first in the lineup.
As for film composers.
1 Leonard Rosenman for Star Trek IV
2 Stephen Endelmen for The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain.
And for TV
Just 1. Mike Post for the various shows he did so well.