Thread: Hi from Denmark

Copenhagen, Denmark

Default Hi from Denmark

So, I just wrote this very long thread describing my musical tastes but I guess I can do it now, maybe even shorter.

I'm a 20 year-old Danish guy, currently studying "International Business" on the Copenhagen Business School.

In my own opinion I have a very broad musical taste, liking genres ranging from Robert Johnson to Justice.

My favorite genre is 80's rock, with the likes of the fantastic pre-splitup Guns N' Roses being my favorite. Also I like Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Ratt, Warrant and more...

I'm also into 60's and 70's rock, so I also dig bands like The Yardbirds, Cream, Zeppelin, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, T-Rex, Queen, AC/DC.

I've always been interested in musical history, so of course I'm a big blues fan too, with a big affection for B.B. King, Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters and more.

I play them drums and the bass, due to always having a fascination of rythm and beat. I'm pretty experienced if I should say it myself (some would argue that it's impossible at 20). As a bassist I see myself as a punkrock Duff McKagan-kind-of-guy (Guns N' Roses), I like the rawness and the sound of his bass. I also very much dig the Seattle-punk influence he brought to the band, to give them the last piece of edge. As a drummer I'm hardhitting and keeping it simple. I would like to see myself as a Bonham-type, but I don't have the complete rawness of his drumming. I'm more of Phil Rudd type, stonefaced and concentrated. Well, a bit of a mix. This is hard??

Well, this is me. I really hope you have some questions or comments, and I'm looking forward to convincing you all that Appetite for Destruction is the greatest album of all times!

United Kingdom

Hi Frederik, & a warm welcome to MD.

By all means try to convince me that Appetite... is the greatest album ever, but be warned I do a very good line in "LaLaLaLa"-fingers-in-the-ears type denial...

Hope you enjoy the site.

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

Welcome to the site Frederik. Fairly new here myself but enjoying it. Like your wide range of interest.
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

London, UK

welcome to MD. Hope to see you across the boards.
    With Regards...