Thread: Born into a Nashville pickin', writin' family

Record Label Executive

Default Born into a Nashville pickin', writin' family

Genes and environment do have meaning but you gotta make it on your own. How's that for a platitude? Yet William Tyler brings that to life. Beastly good, inventive guitar. His Wiki: His Site: His pre-solo groups are worth a look q.v.

Some tunes.: <<Intense. Guitaristic. Natural/organic. << Charming bit of narrative beforehand << Sure has fingerpicker's nails... << The comparison to guitarist Sandy Bull is wholly apt << Mr. Tyler is sly in getting in some phrasing from other tunes--there's a place near the end where you can sing"...I see a red door/ And I want to paint it black..." and it fits perfectly. << Tough to see him in a band situation--who could follow his reasoning?

NOTE: You have to listen to every second of his playing; you don't know where he's going next. I was sorry to see this Post end.
    Last edited by jazzboCR; 12-04-2015 at 03:49.
    A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
    What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR