12th studio album
    never heard much of this girl
    pretty voice
    another covers album
    love most of the song choices
    in their original form

artist website -

Bio - from allmusic

With her pre-bop piano style, cool but sensual singing, and fortuitously photogenic looks, Diana Krall took the jazz world by storm in the late '90s. By the turn of the
    century she was firmly established as one of the biggest sellers in jazz. Her 1996 album, All for You, was a Nat King Cole tribute that showed the singer/pianist's roots,
    and since then she has stayed fairly close to that tradition-minded mode, with wildly successful results.

Krall got her musical education when she was growing up in Nanaimo, British Columbia, from the classical piano lessons she began at age four and in her high school
    jazz band, but mostly from her father, a stride piano player with an extensive record collection. "I think Dad has every recording Fats Waller ever made," she said, "and I
    tried to learn them all."

Krall attended the Berklee College of Music on a music scholarship in the early '80s and then moved to Los Angeles, where she lived for three years before moving to
    Toronto. By 1990, she was based in New York, performing with a trio and singing. After releasing her first album on Justin Time Records, Krall was signed to GRP for her
    second, Only Trust Your Heart, and transferred to its Impulse! division for her third, the Nat King Cole Trio tribute album called All for You. Love Scenes followed in 1997,
    and in late 1998, she issued the seasonal Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

When I Look in Your Eyes followed in 1999. Whatever renown Krall had earned over the years for her work exploded with this album, which became an international
    best-seller and earned her a Grammy for Best Jazz Vocal Performance. It was also the first jazz album to be nominated for Album of the Year in 25 years. Krall's
    crossover success followed her as she performed in Lilith Fair the following year, and her songs cropped up everywhere from episodes of Sex in the City to films like
    Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. In 2001 she released The Look of Love, featuring charts by legendary arranger Claus Ogerman, best known for working with
    bossa nova innovator Antonio Carlos Jobim in the '60s. The album topped the Billboard charts and went quintuple platinum in Canada, the first by a Canadian jazz artist
    to do so. The Look of Love also helped Krall win three Junos in 2002, taking home awards for Artist of the Year, Album of the Year, and Best Vocal Jazz Album of the

In 2003, Krall married iconic British rock musician Elvis Costello. A year later, she issued The Girl in the Other Room. Covering a few standards, this album also included
    original material -- some co-written by Costello -- for the first time in her career. Returning to the large ensemble standards approach of her previous album, Krall
    released From This Moment On in 2006. She gave birth to twin sons in December of that year. In 2009, she teamed once again with The Look of Love arranger
    Ogerman for the bossa nova-themed Quiet Nights; the album performed well, debuting at number three on the Billboard Top 200. Krall returned three years later with
    Glad Rag Doll, a collection of early jazz and ragtime tunes from the '20s and '30s produced by T-Bone Burnett. 2014 saw her once again attempting something new with
    the album Wallflower, as she covered a selection of pop songs from the '60s onward by the likes of Bob Dylan, Elton John, Gilbert O'Sullivan, and the Eagles, all of whom
    had inspired her in her childhood. Wallflower saw release in February 2015.

Album Review - from allmusic

Diana Krall paid tribute to her father on Glad Rag Doll, the 2012 album sourced from his collection of 78-rpm records, and, in a sense, its 2015 successor Wallflower is
    a companion record of sorts, finding the singer revisiting songs from her childhood. Like many kids of the 20th century, she grew up listening to the radio, which meant
    she was weaned on the soft rock superhits of the '70s -- songs that earned sniffy condescension at the time but nevertheless have turned into modern standards due to
    their continual presence in pop culture (and arguably were treated that way at the time, seeing cover after cover by middlebrow pop singers). Krall does not limit herself
    to the songbook of Gilbert O'Sullivan, Jim Croce, the Carpenters, Elton John, and the Eagles, choosing to expand her definition of soft rock to include a previously
    unrecorded Paul McCartney song called "If I Take You Home Tonight" (a leftover from his standards album Kisses on the Bottom), Bob Dylan's "Wallflower," Chantal
    Kreviazuk's "Feels Like Home," and Neil Finn's "Don't Dream It's Over," a song from 1986 that has been covered frequently in the three decades since. "Don't Dream
    It's Over" slides into this collection easily, as it's as malleable and timeless as "California Dreamin'," "Superstar," "Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word," or "Operator
    (That's Not the Way It Feels)," songs that are identified with specific artists but are often covered successfully. Krall's renditions rank among those successes because
    she's understated, never fussing with the melodies but allowing her arrangements to slink by in a deliberate blend of sparseness and sophistication. It's an aesthetic that
    helps transform the Eagles' "I Can't Tell You Why" and 10cc's "I'm Not in Love," singles that are as successful as much for their production as their song, into elegant
    torch songs, yet it doesn't do much for Kreviazuk's pedestrian "Feels Like Home," nor does it lend itself to the loping country of "Wallflower," which may provide the name
    for this album but feels like an uninvited guest among these majestically melodic middle-of-the-road standards. These stumbles are slight and, tellingly, they put into
    context Krall's achievement with Wallflower: by singing these songs as sweet and straight as the dusty old standards on Glad Rag Doll or the bossa nova on 2009's
    Quiet Nights, she demonstrates how enduring these once-dismissed soft rock tunes really are.

the single I guess
    Dylan tune:

Track Listing

1. California Dreamin'
    2. Désperado
    3. Superstar
    4. Alone Again (Naturally) ft: Michael Bublé
    5. Wallflower ft: Blake Mills
    6. If I Take You Home Tonight
    7. I Can't Tell You Why
    8. Sorry Seems To Be the Hardest Word
    9. Operator (That's Not the Way It Feels)
    10. I'm Not In Love
    11. Feels Like Home ft. Bryan Adams
    12. Don't Dream It's Over
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.”
    Will Rogers

i should have mentioned this one when i posted my Aussie charts yeaterday, but i was in a bit of a rush and forgot...
    however, if anyone clicked on the chart link they would have seen that this one debuted at #7 here this week...
    i didnt post the jazz chart list, but it also debuted at #1 on that chart here also.

i actually recently purchased her "quiet nights" album with xmas giftcards...
    ive only heard a few tracks or hers over the years, like when she appreas on "later...with jools"...

Record Label Executive

Uh, MH, if you call Ms. Krall, "girl" to her face she's liable to bitch-slap you...Just sayin'. Otherwise thanks for the share; here's some promo clips: and and << brings meaning to some pretty nonsense lyrics
    My fave song by her: << I aim to be an agreeable chap.
    A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
    What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR

#10 on debut in New Zealand this week.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzboCR View Post
    Uh, MH, if you call Ms. Krall, "girl" to her face she's liable to bitch-slap you...Just sayin'. Otherwise thanks for the share; here's some promo clips: and and << brings meaning to some pretty nonsense lyrics
    My fave song by her: << I aim to be an agreeable chap.
    listened to your favourite track jazzy...
    i like it,thanks!

Dartmouth, Canada

Also 10 here in Canada!

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY-HORSE View Post
    #10 on debut in New Zealand this week.

I listened to this album - love her song choices. She didn't mess up "Operator" or "I'm Not in Love" which is a good enough measure for me! Nice voice - I've heard some of her stuff but never bought any. That might change.
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

i recently purchased her "quiet nights" cd...
    i'll let you know what i think of it after a couple of spins

i would like to see her duet with her husband Elivs Costello at some point, have him write the lyrics and she can put some jazzy/bluesy music to them....