Thread: Thx ch!

From Cape Town, South Africa

Default Thx ch!

CH - got your discs today (CH kindly sent me 4 CD's - one he knew I would like no matter what, and 3 others to educate me on the finer points of country music). They were actually delivered to my door, but I was out doing whatever and I had to go and collect them at the local GPO clearing house. They had been there quite a while and I have just not had the time to go and collect. All's well that ends well.

Billy Thorpe - Tangier - played this one in the car on the way back from the GPO - love it!

The Essential Kris Kristofferson
    Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson - Rattling Bones
    & The Very Best of Merle Haggard

Firstly, thx very much - much appreciated.
    Secondly, I will wait for the right opportunity to listen to these and absorb them. Have to be in the right frame of mind.
    Finally, your discs are on order, but I have not received them as yet - it was actually quite difficult choosing stuff I thought you might not normally buy but would like - I hope they suit your taste.

Verdict will follow once I have had a couple of spins on each.

Thx again CH!
    'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

Not a problem J-man....
    The Billy Thorpe is awesome IMO also,best thing he ever did!
    Shame he died before it was finished though,he'd have been proud of it for sure...
    I've never been to Tangier but I can imagine it through the songs,
    Sounds/feels like Morocco to me...been there many moons ago,was a very interesting place to say the least.

Have you been to Morocco or Tangier on your travels Jerome??

....and looking forward to hearing the selections you choose/chose for me my good man!