4.5 of 5.0 from allmusic

first single got better after he was on one of the late nights
    it was posted previously as a New Single
    slower tracks were better for me
    the rest is too modern
    I don't like it, but James Otto Sweetheart might

artist website -

Bio - from allmusic

Contemporary country star Kenny Chesney didn't have the immediate breakout success that many of his peers enjoyed upon signing with major
    labels, but gradually built up a significant following via hard work, pop-friendly ballads, and a likable "Average Joe" persona. Chesney was
    born in Knoxville, Tennessee in 1968 and raised in the nearby small town of Luttrell, best known as the home of Chet Atkins. He grew up
    listening to both country and rock & roll, but didn't get serious about music until college, when he studied marketing at East Tennessee State
    University. He received a guitar as a Christmas present and set about practicing, and was soon performing with the college bluegrass band. He
    soon started writing songs as well and played for tips in local venues -- most often a Mexican restaurant -- every night he could; additionally,
    he managed to sell 1,000 copies of a self-released demo album. After graduation in 1991, he moved to Nashville and became the resident performer
    at The Turf, a rough honky tonk in the city's historic district. While he gained experience, it wasn't the sort of place where he'd be
    discovered, and in 1992, he moved on to a publishing deal with Acuff-Rose. From there he landed a record contract with Capricorn and released
    his debut album, In My Wildest Dreams, in late 1993.

Unfortunately for Chesney, Capricorn wasn't much of a country label; not only was the album underpromoted, but the label's country division shut
    down completely not long after its release. Still, it sold 100,000 copies and caught the attention of several major labels. Chesney ended up
    signing with RCA subsidiary BNA, which released All I Need to Know in 1995. The album gave him his first two Top Ten hits in the title track and
    "Fall in Love." His follow-up, 1996's Me and You, became his first album to go gold, thanks to two number two singles in the title track and
    "When I Close My Eyes." Released in 1997, I Will Stand was another gold-selling effort that gave Chesney his first-ever number one hit in "She's
    Got It All," plus another number two with "That's Why I'm Here." His big-time breakthrough, however, came with 1999's Everywhere We Go, which
    sold over two million copies and spawned two number one hits with "You Had Me from Hello" and "How Forever Feels"; it also featured another Top
    Ten single in "What I Need to Do," and another, "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy," that just missed. In 2000, Chesney issued his first Greatest
    Hits compilation, and two newly recorded songs -- "I Lost It" and "Don't Happen Twice" -- went to number three and number one, respectively.

Greatest Hits became Chesney's second straight double-platinum release and topped the country LP charts. He followed it with the all-new No
    Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem in early 2002, which gave him his strongest commercial performance yet. It, too, hit number one on the country album
    charts and spun off four Top Ten singles in "Young," the number one "The Good Stuff," the Bill Anderson co-write "A Lot of Things Different,"
    and "Big Star." A Christmas album plugged the gap for 2003, and he had a strong return with 2004's When the Sun Goes Down, which won in the
    Album of the Year category at the Country Music Awards. He repeated the win, this time as Entertainer of the Year, with Be as You Are (Songs
    from an Old Blue Chair).

Chesney found himself the subject of much tabloid fodder in 2005 with his surprise marriage to actress Renée Zellweger (he had composed 1999's
    "You Had Me from Hello" after watching Zellweger in the 1996 film Jerry Maguire). The pair split that same year, citing irreconcilable
    differences, and Chesney released the chart-topping The Road and the Radio in November. In the years that followed, Chesney kept busy, releasing
    Live: Live Those Songs Again in 2006 and Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates in 2007. In April 2010, Chesney and director Joe Thomas released the 3-D
    concert film Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3-D. Taken from his 2009 Sun City Carnival Tour, the film included 23 songs from six stadium shows, shot
    in 3-D, interspersed with interviews and home movies. A completely new studio album, Hemingway's Whiskey, named after a Guy Clark song, also
    appeared in 2010. His 13th studio album, Welcome to the Fishbowl, arrived in 2012.

Welcome to the Fishbowl performed respectably, debuting at number two on the Billboard 200 and generating the number one country single "Come
    Over," along with the Top 20 hits "Feel Like a Rock Star" and "El Cerrito Place." Following its release, Chesney's label BNA shuttered and he
    jumped over to Columbia Nashville, which released Life on a Rock in April 2013. The album hit number one, and the single "Pirate Flag" reached
    the country Top Ten. Chesney quickly followed Life on a Rock with The Big Revival. A conscious shift toward a brighter sound, The Big Revival
    was Chesney's liveliest work of the decade, as evidenced by its first single, "American Kids," a singalong that peaked at number two on the
    country charts.

Album Review - allmusic

As he headed into 2014, Kenny Chesney's career wasn't in need of a revival but after two successive commercial underperformers, it needed a jolt
    of energy, something The Big Revival provides. Abandoning the sun-bleached intimacy of Life on a Rock, Chesney cranks up the volume on The Big
    Revival, but it's not so much that the record is loud; rather, it's blazingly bright, crisp, and clean, from its singalong party tunes to its
    ballads. One of those ballads, "Wild Child," features Grace Potter, the singer who helped take "You and Tequila" high on the charts in 2011, her
    presence a subtle reminder that Chesney's biggest new millennial hits have been slow songs. Despite this apparent strength, the singer doesn't
    spend much time in the slow lane on The Big Revival. Most of the record clips along at a brisk pace, often spending time churning out reliable
    arena-filling anthems, but the record sounds so open that even the deliberate numbers feel expansive. This shift in attitude is entirely reliant
    on Chesney and his longtime producer Buddy Cannon's decision to supplement their regular stable of songwriters -- Shane McAnally and Rodney
    Clawson each have multiple credits -- with a few new writers, just enough to give this record a bit of thematic freshness to complement its
    sound. Chesney remains a bit of a romantic with a fondness for drinking songs, but there are passing references to Bonnaroo and Burning Man
    while the lead single, "American Kids," offers a snapshot of how life is lived in 2014. These scattered allusions help Chesney seem like a
    modern man, even as he faces the start of his third decade as a country star, while the sly slickness The Big Revival also feels contemporary:
    far from chasing the bro-country wagon, Chesney overhauls his core strengths, winding up with his best record in years.

best thing for me:

Track Listing

1. The Big Revival
    2. Drink It Up
    3. Til It's Gone
    4. American Kids
    5. Wild Child
    6. Beer Can Chicken
    7. Rock Bottom
    8. Don't It
    9. Save It for a Rainy Day
    10. Flora-Bama
    11. If This Bus Could Talk
    Last edited by Music Head; 03-10-2014 at 19:31.
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.”
    Will Rogers

Lead Vocalist James Otto Sweet Heart's Avatar
    East Tennessee

I got it last weekend and my most favorite song is "Don't It" because my most favorite female singer Alison Krauss helps Kenny out on it. :) :) :)

God bless you and Alison and Kenny always!!!

Holly (a fan of Alison for 20 years now)
    Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!