Thread: classic music

Default classic music

classic music is nice to listen and it makes us refresh ..

Argos, Greece

Honestly jyothireddy, you've reduced it to a refreshing tonic.
    First of all, the term 'classical' itself is very reductive.
    Classical refers to a very limited amount of time in historical terms (between 1780 to 1830). Classical composers in the tightest sense were Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert and some of Beethoven's didactic students, like Czerny, for example.
    Chopin, Liszt, Schumann and Mendelssohn belong to the Romantic mujsical era.
    Bach, Vivaldi, Corelli, Albinoni, Telemann, Benedetto Marcello etc all belong to the pre-classical...or otherwise Barouque era.
    Going on earlier, you will find Renassaince music, earlier yet arst nova, then ars antiqua, trobadours and trouviers and the like.
    I hope I did not tire you.
    But listening to some of this music is intellectually important, I mean, if you listen to Monteverdi's motets or madrigals, I hardly think you will find them 'refreshing'.
    If you come nearer our age and listen to Prokofiev...goddamn. Nothing 'refreshing' at all.
    There are orchestral symphonies that allow you to travel into deep space, like Richard Strauss's Also Sprach Zarathustra.
    Used by Kubrick to begin his 2001 Space Odyssey movie.
    And then from the same movie, listen to Lux Aeterna by Ligeti (Always the same movie soundtrack).
    Then tell me what you felt about both of them.
    I don't think you can define Ligeti's piece as 'refreshening' at all.
    Neither is Strauss's.
    Here are the links:
    Cogito, ergo sum...