wanted to see what that was all about
    gospel rap they call him with some r&b
    it is nice to hear some rap that's not spitting out vulgarities
    it can be done
    not much of the gospel in this that I heard, a few references
    I'll leave this for the gospel/rap crowd out there

artist website -

Bio - from allmusic

For the typical music fan, Lecrae's hard demeanor and crunk beats might belie what his lyrics are really about, his adoration of Jesus Christ.
    The main tenet influencing his mission and music is taken from Romans 1:16 of the Bible, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel." Although he was
    born on Houston's south side, Lecrae grew up in Denver, Colorado, and San Diego, California. It was at the age of 19 that he decided to give his
    life to Christ. Using conventional methods to spread the Gospel, he has worked for ministerial services, including his presidency of ReachLife
    Ministries, conducting Bible studies and many other projects. However, Lecrae's success has come from his up-and-coming Christian rap career. In
    2005, on Reach Records, he released his debut album, Real Talk, and as a part of the 116 Clique, he put out 116 Clique: The Compilation Album.
    The following year, Lecrae dropped the acclaimed After the Music Stops in July. It debuted at number one on the Christian Music Trade
    Association's R&B/Hip-Hop chart and peaked at number five on Billboard's Gospel Albums chart. His 2008 effort, Rebel, would top that same chart
    for two weeks while his 2010 release, Rehab, would top it for one. The latter would be nominated for Best Rock or Rap Gospel Album at the 53rd
    Grammy Awards. A sequel album, Rehab: The Overdose, arrived in 2011, and was followed in 2012 by the rapper's chart-topping sixth album,

Album Review - from allmusic

Breaking through to the strictly secular world like few other Christian hip-hop artists before, rapper Lecrae is the genre's Bob Marley, Wayne
    Gretzky, Tiger Woods, or any other example of a game-raising, populist-reaching name. Still, in 2014, he's a relative "deep cut" when compared
    to Jay-Z, Weezy, or 2 Chainz, and Anomaly is the album where he explains he's fine with it, or maybe, more than fine as the opening "Outsiders"
    sets the LP's tone. Elegant strings introduce the track, as if the man had Nick Minaj-sized funding, and yet the lyrics elegantly state that
    success must come on Lecrae's terms, as do the lyrics of the title track and "All I Need Is You." Anomaly often leaves this theme, with tracks
    like "Dirty Water" asking the listener to challenge their own values, but the closing "Messengers" calls out for volunteers to join the rapper's
    cause, and suddenly -- spoiler alert -- the mix of "go it alone" and "those that walk with God are never alone" comes clear, as all the evidence
    had been laid out previously. Crafty and smart man, Lecrae, and with Anomaly following a series of albums equally crafted and smart, he now
    enters the hallowed halls of the consistent with all his charisma intact.

the first single and one of the few that could grow on me:

Track Listing

1. Outsiders
    2. Welcome to America
    3. Say I Won't
    4. Nuthin
    5. Fear
    6. Anomaly
    7. Timepiece
    8. Dirty Water
    9. Wish
    10. Runners
    11. All I Need Is You
    12. Give In
    13. Good, Bad, Ugly
    14. Broken
    15. Messengers
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

another genre to add to the list....Gospel-Rap, WTF?????

not my thing but cudo's to a rapper who goes against the current trend by not spitting the cliched lines we unfortunately know so well...!