Thread: KASEY CHAMBERS "bittersweet"

Default KASEY CHAMBERS "bittersweet"

KASEY CHAMBERS "bittersweet"

Aussie country songstress' seventh solo set...the first single off it was a bit too 'rock' orientated and i was a bit worried as to the direction she would be taking this time round...i need not have worried, that "wheelbarrow" song is the only thing that isnt country on here...full of her usual acoustic country sounds, a touch of bluegrass, even a bit of a country waltz thrown in for good measure...lyrics are as heartfelt as they usually are, her vocals and melodies are spot on as i would expect from "our kasey"...songs deal with family,friends, confusion,religion and broken releationships...the latter not really surprising after her marriage to fellow Aussie country singer Shane Nicholson ended late last year...all up,album appears to be as concise and as well crafted as previous efforts, i have no hesitation in giving this one "the thumbs up" once again...!

no individual tracks available so ive posted the entire album via youtube...
    Last edited by CRAZY-HORSE; 02-09-2014 at 05:21.

album hits the country charts here at #1 on debut this week...
    makes its national chart debut at #2 also...kept off #1 by the latest Jimmy Barnes set,thats his eighth solo #1 album here out of fifteen releases(another four have peaked at #2), thats pretty impressive by anyone's standards IMO.