Thread: Need help with "Road Rock" playlist

Lightbulb Need help with "Road Rock" playlist

Hello everybody, I joined the forums because I wanted to compile a playlist and I was quite dry on ideas. I was hoping you guys could help me out with suggestions for what I'm trying to do:

I'm going on a road trip, and several more after that. I'm going to be driving a convertible because I love the feeling of air rushing through the hair and face, it makes me feel like a free spirit. Rock is my favorite genre and I wanted to compile a playlist that would support the feeling of being a "free spirit on the road" hence the title "Road Rock". Anyway, I found one very good song that gave me the feeling I described and I was looking for similar songs but couldn't find many.

The song I found which I really liked for this journey is "Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf", here's a youtube link:

Anyway, I loved the feeling it offered and I'd like to find similar songs that are suitable for my road trip. Classic rock, Modern rock, Soft Rock, even country would be ok as long as it offers this kind of feeling.

Please, if you have any song or artist, post it here and my girlfriend and I will be in your debt!

Record Label Executive

For road-trips there comes a fatigue point--"Just throw on anything, I don't care". For that reason I recommend one of the broad-based services. I have SeriusXM and 650 channels. It's $125/year and it's an investment. Program 6 channels and keep another 20-30 in mind. Great way to come across songs/ artists/genres you might not have thought of. A personal but not a commercial endorsement--something else may work better for you; just pimpin' the idea.
    A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
    What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR

Morpeth, Northumberland, United Kingdom

I like death is our destiny. Its mainly instrumental. Its on itunes spotify and google play. Its what I always listen to on a road trip.

Thanks for the help, I'll certainly keep your suggestions in mind.

And you make a very good point about the fatigue, I'll consider that.

Ilkeston, Derbyshire

Has to be Breaking the Law by Judas Priest

You should totally just go on Pandora and type in the Steppenwolf song you mentioned. You would be so surprised how many "similar" songs you will find. Best, cheap option out there.