Thread: I want to put a live chat room on my site, any ideas how to do this?

Default I want to put a live chat room on my site, any ideas how to do this?

I have a website and quite a few members have suggested that adding a chat room would be a great idea.

I'm searching for something I might be able to integrate well into my site.

Has anyone tried RumbleTalk or C-box?

Record Label Executive
    A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
    What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR

PhpFreeChat. It's free and open source! :) The older 1.x is more fully featured, but the newer 2.x looks better. I haven't used it in a while, but I had it setup on my site for a bit just for kicks.

Home Page:
    Demo For 2.0:
    Demo For 1.0:

Well, if someone is interested in a chat room for his music artist like me than I became and expert in this field. Here are my experience with finding the best one for my music page.

1 - First I needed a chat that can be seen in mobile (all versions) so I narrowed down the search for html5 chat room that look good on both mobile and pc.

2 - I needed a custom design, I needed my background to be black or transparent. This was very hard to find.

3 - I do not like to install the chat in my server as this is high cpu and resource consumer. So I need a chat service.

4 - Lastly, I needed the ability to add youtube videos.

I have checked several chats and only 2 met my needs, RumbleTalk and Envolv.
    I choose RumbleTalk finally as it can be integrated into my page and not only as toolbar.

Since I could not find answers in this forum, than I hope this overview will help someone.

Hi guys. I have been using Rumbletalk for over one year now and I still think it is the best html chat room application. Worth trying it! =)

Here is a bit of preview: