I once wanted to write a symphony but than I thought "How am I going to decide which notes be played at which times for so many instruments?" I than thought of piano concerto and thought "Hmm If I figure out the notes for the piano I can base the orchestra off of that." but eventually I decided that my first major step in composition be a Piano Sonata. Mozart made sonatas before he made symphonies. I bet Beethoven and Haydn did the same thing of sonatas first than symphonies than concertos.

So I write the first movement in the same form as Mozart's K 545 with: PT, ST, Close, Repeat, Development, PT, ST, Close, Repeat

I have now lost my composition book and so have lost my sonata.

I have looked for years and even when the house was clean I still could not find it.

Thus now if I want to compose a sonata I have to start from scratch all over again but thankfully I have MuseScore now which will let me use the keyboard to put in notes instead of playing a measure or 2 on the piano and than writing those notes.

Still it would be nice if I could find at least a composition book for my Sonata in B flat.

Mine might have same form as Mozart's but like Beethoven's have four movements.

Sonatas I have heard can have 2-5 movements but it is usually 3 or 4.

Symphonies can have 3-5. Mozart's Symphony no. 1 K 16 in E flat has 3 movements.

Divermentos can have anywhere from 3-10 movements in a single piece.

Unlike most multi movement pieces Divermentos don't have a strict form. In other words some movements might have binary or ternary form whereas others have sonata form.

If I ever get my sonatas or symphonies published and people like it like they do Mozart's than I might become really famous and be called by some people "The Mozart of the 21st Century"

Or maybe people will decide it is more like Beethoven and call me "The Beethoven of the 21st century" or maybe like Bach and be called "The Bach of the 21st century" or "Vivaldi of 21st century" or some other composer of 21st century.