enters the Billboard chart this week at #2

Spotify online listen
    not yet rated by allmusic

just an ep here
    I feel so "modern" and shit
    I gotta go shower now

artist website -

Bio - from allmusic

Singer and songwriter Luke Bryan comes by his country influences naturally: he grew up in Leesburg, Georgia, a small town 100 miles from the
    Alabama border where his father grew peanuts and sold fertilizer for a living. Bryan helped his family work the farm when he was young, but in
    his early teens he developed a passion for country music, picking up his influences from his parents' record collection, listening to the likes
    of George Strait, Conway Twitty, Ronnie Milsap, Alan Jackson, and Merle Haggard. When he was 14, his folks bought him his first guitar, and a
    year later his playing and singing were strong enough that he started sitting in with local bands at a club featuring live country music. At 16,
    Bryan starting writing songs with the help of a pair of local tunesmiths who had enjoyed some success in Nashville; he planned to head to Music
    City to try his luck after graduating from high school until his brother died in an auto accident. Wanting to offer emotional support to his
    family, Bryan opted to attend Georgia Southern University instead, though he didn't give up music. He continued writing songs, formed a band,
    and was playing gigs on campus or at nearby watering holes most weekends while pursuing his studies. He recorded a self-released album, which he
    sold at shows during this period, but was reluctant to take the plunge and devote himself to music full-time until he returned home to work in
    the family business after receiving his degree. Bryan's dad, confident of his son's talent, made him an offer: he could either move to Nashville
    or be fired.

In the early fall of 2001, Bryan pulled up stakes and relocated to Nashville, where his heartfelt songs of country life earned him a contract
    with one of the city's many publishing houses. In his free time, Bryan continued to perform at local clubs, and after an A&R man from Capitol
    Records saw him perform a set of his original material, he was given a record deal. Capitol released Bryan's first widely distributed album,
    I'll Stay Me, in the summer of 2007, following it with Doin' My Thing in 2009. Doin' My Thing peaked at number two on the country charts -- and
    at number six on the Top 200 -- and spawned two number one singles in "Rain Is a Good Thing" and "Someone Else Calling You Baby," with "Do I"
    hitting number two. Bryan returned with his third album, Tailgates & Tanlines, in the summer of 2011, its release preceded by the single
    "Country Girl (Shake It for Me)." That single was the first of four Top Five Country singles pulled from the album: "I Dont' Want This Night to
    End" and "Drunk on You" both hit number one, while "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye" peaked at number three. This success kept Tailgates & Tanlines in the
    charts well into 2012, and Bryan supported the record with steady touring. Early in 2013, Bryan compiled the four spring break-themed EPs he had
    released since 2009 as the album Spring Break...Here to Party. In August 2013, he released his fourth studio album, Crash My Party; its title
    track peaked at number 2 on the Billboard Country Songs chart prior to its release.

Album Review - from onlineathens

Spring break for Luke Bryan is obviously his favorite time of the year due to his yearly trips to the beaches of Florida to play for college
    students on break from school.

It’s also one of the favorite times of the year for any fan of Bryan’s because for the past six years he has released a new EP each spring
    break. While he usually releases his “Spring Break” EPs on iTunes, last year he released a compilation of his previous EPs on CD. His fans
    repaid him by taking the album to the top of the charts.

This year, he’s back with new Spring Break music.

Bryan released “Spring Break 6... Like We Ain’t Never” last week, the same week he performed in Panama City Beach, Fla., for free at Spinnaker
    Beach Club for more than 230,000 fans across two days.

The EP, which is available on iTunes, is your typical Luke Bryan album, but the music is always a little more fun.

The best song on the album, “Night One”, is a look back at how the guy in the song wishes he met the girl that took his breathe away on night
    one of spring break so that they could have spent the entire week together. The song, written by Bryan, Ashley Gorley, and two of the Peach
    Pickers, Rhett Akins and Ben Hayslip, isn’t quite as fun as some of the others, like “She Gets Me High,” but it’s reminiscent of Bryan’s hits
    “Drunk On You” and “I Don’t Want This Night to End.”

Another song, “Are You Leaving with Him?” could have easily made it onto one of Bryan’s full albums and has the potential to be a single that
    could do well on the radio.

While the earlier “Spring Break” albums had a lot of fun, filler music, they are becoming more mature and a lot better.

“Spring Break 6... Like We Ain’t Ever” may be the best one yet.

Track Listing

1. She Get Me High
    2. Like We Ain't Ever
    3. Night One
    4. Are You Leaving With Him
    5. Good Lookin' Girl
    6. The Sand I Brought To The Beach
    Last edited by Music Head; 21-03-2014 at 16:39.
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.”
    Will Rogers

Record Label Executive Lovely Linda's Avatar
    Wilmington, N.C.

Luke is a good singer!! He reminds me of Randy Houser Don't know why he would want to sing with Taylor Swift though (it's on youtube). He don't need her!! She IMO is the worst of the worst.

Modern Country: You don't have to stay in key. They will put you in key.. Merle Haggard

Great vocals, Liking this!!!

Wish i lived in USA so i could get my proper live fix of country music!!! the UK scene is definitely picking up though... Country2Country festival the other week at o2 London looked amazing!!

Bet you guys are spoilt for choice since you're based in the Mecca for country music ;)

Was lucky enough to visit Nashville in 2012... Take Me Back!!!

Anyway thanks for the share @MusicHead, happy i've got a new artist to purchase for this weekend!
    Last edited by Joshpop; 11-04-2014 at 10:35.