Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie recommendations please !

Default Movie recommendations please !

Please recommend movies that you liked! I like pretty much everything! Foreign, independent, etc..

(Watched the American classic Death of a Salesman from 1985! Dustin Hoffman played Willie Loman. He gave one of the greatest performances I have ever experienced...what a tremendous actor!..it saved the movie! Also Biff was played by a very young John Malkovich!)
    " WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON

thought you had posted this before
    sorry, I'm not much of a movie guy
    ADD I think
    anything over an hour and I gotta move on
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Yup I posted it before and got no response !!!!! lol...If you still have Netflix watch Fog of War somehow, maybe in short segments, it's interesting Music man! Doc with Robert McNamara!!!!
    " WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON

Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Yup I posted it before and got no response !!!!! lol...If you still have Netflix watch Fog of War somehow, maybe in short segments, it's interesting Music man! Doc with Robert McNamara!!!!
    on my list
    in the middle of The Killing right now
    season 2 - episode 12 out of 3 seasons
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Hey, I can recommend films that can last you a lifetime. :)

Lately I watched some great american films like Sunset Boulevard, Runaway Train, The Treasure of Sierra Madre, Klute all of which have a good pacing, storyline and acting.

Thanks avakas! I will watch Runaway Train if it is on Netflix( I am cheap) I have seen the others! Thanks for your recommendations...you can post more if you wish!

- JOHN LENNON

Record Label Executive Lovely Linda's Avatar

One of my favorite movies is Bridges of Madison County. Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep star.

Modern Country: You don't have to stay in key. They will put you in key.. Merle Haggard

https://youtu.be/qgiILl_F7O8

yes it was a good movie

- JOHN LENNON

My all-time favourite movies are Ishtar & Slap Shot.
    I also really love True Stories (Talking Heads movie), Gun-Shy, The Bone Collector, Hitch and Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels & Three Bullets For A Long Gun.
    There is a special place in my heart for the Trinity movies (Terence Hill & Bud Spencer).
    Last edited by evilB; 25-02-2014 at 23:06.

^Thanks for the list dude! I am really only familiar with Slap Shot...and the others are new to me...which is a good thing!

- JOHN LENNON