Page 210 of 211 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211 LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2107

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansoul View Post
    Society has rather unrealistic gender standards, at times. If I still tried to adhere to society's warped standards of beauty and such as a woman that I didn't even ask for then I would still hate myself for not being good enough for it. Now I focus on my own sense of beauty and self-esteem. For me. I don't care that I don't look like a model, I can choose to dress how I want to, I don't have to be super thin to be pretty, I don't have to wear makeup everyday, my capabilities and intelligence is also important, etc.

Maybe I actually can get why someone has a disconnect with their own gender. Society has already told them they don't fit in, but expects them to fit into a box anyway. You get bullied in school for being a little different and adults aren't even that much better later on. I have struggled with bulimia nervosa and know other women who have, I know a girl who almost died from it and her friend who did lose her life. A lot of people have had an eating disorder at some point in their lives, around 20 million women and 10 million men in the US. https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/get-facts-eating-disorders

I think society shouldn't expect everyone to fit perfectly into gender boxes. People are individuals. Stop telling young girls and young boys something is always wrong with them. Not pretty enough, not feminine enough, not a bodybuilder, too emotional, not emotional enough, not masculine enough, etc. Like the messages in media often say and are frequently internalized by people. There are masculine women and feminine men too and they shouldn't be shamed for being so either.
    Super-thin is never pretty no matter what the trade magazines say. Personally I don't like women that look half-starved.
    'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

Too many people are claiming to suffer from one or other undeterminable condition like ADHD etc. etc. when the real problem is that they are simply badly behaved or poorly parented. It's amazing how many celebrities claim to suffer from these imaginary illnesses when they are caught out doing stupid things. Funny how they never mention anything about their condition BEFORE they were caught doing stupid things. It's always after the fact. Dead giveaway.
    'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    Super-thin is never pretty no matter what the trade magazines say. Personally I don't like women that look half-starved.
    with you 100% Jerome....

not sure about the rest of the world but down here in Australia there are now quite a few "average size women" strutting the catwalks at fashion shows
    primarily in order to let the young impressionable teen girls know that theyre normal.

Record Label Executive Lovely Linda's Avatar

Scary what is going on in Korea and Syria. With Korea threating a nuke attack that can reach the US and troops in Syria, does not look good for us.

Modern Country: You don't have to stay in key. They will put you in key.. Merle Haggard

https://youtu.be/qgiILl_F7O8

So, Donna Brazile admits she lied. Man!

I can't help but remember the interview with Megyn and Donna who at the time claimed to be a Christian who was being persecuted.

Modern Country: You don't have to stay in key. They will put you in key.. Merle Haggard

Quote Originally Posted by Lovely Linda View Post
    So, Donna Brazile admits she lied. Man!

I can't help but remember the interview with Megyn and Donna who at the time claimed to be a Christian who was being persecuted.

Of everything that's happened in the past few days, especially today, this is what you find most important to post about?

Quote Originally Posted by LMD View Post

Of everything that's happened in the past few days, especially today, this is what you find most important to post about?
    If you don't like what I post that was in the news about a lying liberal, don't read. She should step down as spokesperson of the dnc.
    Is that all you could think about posting
    If I had said something about Trump lying all would be well. You liberals just can't take it.

I guess I should not be surprised since Donna likes lying Hillary.

I'm tired of this!

Btw, this topic (which I must say has been a success) would not even be here if not for me and ED.

Making y'all feel better. Something about Trump lying.
    He lied when he said Hillary would be in jail if he won. I was looking forward to that. Big disappointment!

Record Label Executive Oceansoul's Avatar

Anyways, Bannon's influence on Trump is really showing. I don't like the budget cut proposal.
    Last edited by Oceansoul; 22-03-2017 at 08:47.
    "Treat your life for what it's worth and live for every breath." -Black Sabbath, "A National Acrobat"

Another promise shot to H.
    Maybe Trump should hve done what I did and called the Marketplace who told me awhile back that
    Obamacare was not going anywhere.
    Seems Trump's inexperience is showing big time.
    Would not surprise me one bit if the same things happens to tax reform.
    The Elites are in control on both sides. That is why there is not a "dime's worth of difference".