Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading ?

Default What Are You Reading ?

Just started A Kestrel For a Knave by Barry Hines

I've had this for ages, but decided to read it after being on a training course this week, where one of the instructors was Barry Hine's cousin.

Actually I have just started to continue reading 2061 by Arthur C Clarke. A book I started reading about a year ago.... Don't ask
    With Regards...

Anthony

I am currently reading Nikki Sixx's book, The Heroin Diaries.
    WOW!!

I also recieved an interesting book as a Christmas gift and I think its a great own for ANY music lover. Its called 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die .. Very cool reference book!!
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says ...
    'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

http://www.theportalmagazine.com
    http://www.myspace.com/theportalmagazine
    http://www.twitter.com/theportalmag
    http://www.myspace.com/sweetcjfan

Eragon for the second time!
    I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music

I went to a friends house yesterday and her mother was reading 'Meine Kampe' by you know who. Could not believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by samantha View Post
    I went to a friends house yesterday and her mother was reading 'Meine Kampe' by you know who. Could not believe it.
    Just reading a book doesn't mean you agree with it. In fact its best to be informed so that you can disagree for the right reasons. I'd read Mein Kampf given the chance. In fact I think I did read part of it in one of my college courses. I've read peices of The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey. That doesn't make me a Satanist. I am, in fact, a Christain.

I recently finished The World Without Us by Alan Weisman. I highly recommend it. It's a non-fiction book about what would happen to the world if every human suddenly disappeared/left/died. How our structures would crumbe (or not) and how the world would heal itself (or not). It is fascinating, and a very easy read. Sometimes non-fiction books can be rather dense with factual information but this was entertaining. Kind of like the Discovery Channel.

Lots of People - The Bible.

Eldest by Christopher Paolini I am doing a second read waiting for third book of Inheritance Cycle to out this fall it is called Brisingr
    I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music

I'm currently reading "Naked Lunch" by William S. Burroughs... There's more heroin in that book than any book about Nikki Sixx, I'm sure. It makes me wish I had been a beatnik back in the 60's, before it was cool to be one.

I'm read The House of Leaves at the moment. It's pretty good.