Thread: Hey guys!

North Jersey

Default Hey guys!

New here, but you probably figured already.

Hm, well I'm a pretty big music person. I have a relatively broad taste in music, although I tend to stick towards older rock. 70s heavy metal and 80s trash, 70s rock more specifically. In reality, though, I just want to listen to great guitar playing and at the very least mediocre vocals. I can't stand what you hear in modern metal, or screamo with the grunting or pitched screams. My opinion, though!

Favorites across the board would have to be Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Megadeth, some Metallica (a lot of their slower stuff, in particular), and Joe Satriani. Definitely getting into more music!

I have somewhat serious issues with modern music. Maybe I'm just a bit cynical, but with the way mainstream music is going, I don't think there's much I like.

I feel like I made that lengthy. So this is my first post, and I guess I'm glad to be on this site!

United Kingdom

Hi Markyyy, & welcome to Music Discussion.

Don't apologise for a lengthy intro, the more we know about you the better...

I'd have to disagree that there's no decent music around these days, but you've qualified your statement & you're probably right that there's not so much of that type of music around now.

Still, as I'm constantly finding, there's plenty of that type of stuff to explore from Rock's rich legacy.

Hope you enjoy it here, and I look forward to getting to know you.