Thread: Genre?

Thumbs up Genre?

Hello guys! I just started making some electronic music and this is my first song on youtube:

But this is not an advertisment neither spam. Actually I wanted to know what genre do you think it is, because I can't guess it...

It was done at 140bpm, dubstep's average rate, but it really doesnt sound like dubstep (though its got a tremendous drop xD)

Thank you everyone!

Mole Creek, Tasmania, Australia

I actually wouldn’t have any idea, that is really hard to figure out. It’s actually pretty cool though, very original!

Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom

It doesn't fit any category. A category of it's own. Not my sort of music. Lacks any melody, plus the bass line often sounds out of tune.
    Last edited by techman; 28-07-2013 at 09:25.

Tony (Techman)
    Stay connected Through Facebook - Like 'The Official Music Discussion Page'

From Cape Town, South Africa

Does not really go anywhere or say anything (musically that is). Why is everyone so obsessed with bpm? It seems to me that these days people are composing to a prescribed template. If it isn't so many bpm then it's not relevant. Use your IMAGINATION and create something without looking at what the bpm rate is. A good piece of music is organic, whether electronic or not. You don't have to be a 'slave to the rhythmn'. Create something unique and not something based on a template. Your music sounds like an aural version of an Excel speadsheet. Don't copy - create!
    'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.