not a bad sound but it never changed
    over produced
    two tracks I liked including the clip
    1.5 from me and a converted 2.4 from allmusic

web site -

from the album - Song For Zula

released Mar 19th, 2013

Bio - from allmusic

Athens, Georgia resident Matthew Houck is the sole member of Phosphorescent. Houck's career
    began in 2000 when he released the Hipolit album under the name Fillup Shack. A tour of England
    and Spain followed, and while the European press drew comparisons to Bob Dylan and Will Oldham,
    the London Evening Standard declared him "the most significant American in his field since Kurt
    Cobain." Houck's first release as Phosphorescent, entitled A Hundred Times or More, appeared in
    2003 on the Warm label. The 2004 EP The Weight of Flight was his last release for the label, as
    the 2005 full-length Aw Come Aw Wry landed on Misra. Two years later the release of Pride began
    a relationship with the Dead Oceans imprint. To Willie, Phosphorescent's tribute to Willie
    Nelson, arrived in early 2009, followed by the all-new Here's to Taking it Easy in 2010. In
    2013, after extensive international touring, Houck released his sixth album, Muchacho,
    returning somewhat to the more experimental textures of Pride.

Album Review - from allmusic

Under the name Phosphorescent, indie country songwriter Matthew Houck has walked a drunken
    path, wobbling closer to the indie side on some records and slumping more toward the country
    side on others, with the best example being his 2009 collection of Willie Nelson covers, To
    Willie. With sixth album Muchacho, Houck returns to some of the experimental textures that
    marked his early breakthrough album Pride, weaving ambient tones and feral whoops throughout
    his sometimes shiny, sometimes grizzled Americana. The album is bookended by tracks "Sun,
    Arise!" and "Sun's Arising," meditative drones with multi-tracked layers of Houck harmonizing
    with himself, ushering the listener into and out of the record over arpeggiated synth tones and
    far-off-sounding instrumentation. There's more implementation of electronic instruments here
    than most Phosphorescent material that came before, with 808 drum patterns and dubby echoes in
    the forefront on some songs, but at no point does the songwriting surrender the starring role.
    Whether the tunes are piling on pedal steel and mariachi trumpet in the vein of Dylan's
    soundtrack work for Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, as on the honky tonk hoedown of "A Charm/A
    Blade," or finding some dreamy Will Oldham/early Animal Collective hybrid, as with the ghostly
    "The Quotidian Beasts," Houck's use of simplistic but haunting chord progressions and world-
    weary melodies always overrides any other sonic surroundings. The songs here are so strong, in
    fact, they're sometimes cluttered by excessive instrumentation or detail-burying production.
    While the atmospheric string loops and delay-doused bass plucks of "Song for Zula" help make it
    one of the best tracks on the album, one can't help but wonder what the effect would be if it
    were stripped down to Houck's damaged vocals and a simple guitar or piano figure. Throughout
    the album, lyrics peek through the waves like "I will not open myself up this way again" and
    "Hey can this kill me? I don't know, but I've sure been finding out," hinting at heartache and
    the possibility that Muchacho is some drunken-hearted breakup record, but it's never made
    abundantly clear. What is clear, even through the sometimes heavier-than-necessary
    arrangements, is that Muchacho has some of Houck's best songwriting since his early days,
    seemingly tapped into the grainy pain, hard-living tendencies, and wandering muse of his
    subconscious with the most listenable results Phosphorescent has produced in years.

Track Listing

1. Sun Arise
    2. Song For Zula
    3. Ride On/Right On
    4. Terror In The Canyons
    5. A Charm/A Blade
    6. Muchacho's Tune
    7. A New Anhedonia
    8. The Quotidian Beasts
    9. Down To Go
    10. Sun's Arising
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

your link was listenable, if it was on the radio i wouldnt change channels or anything