never heard a whole album by these punks
    based on this, I didn't miss anything
    a flatliner
    all yours people
    1.0 from me and a converted 2.1 from the pros at allmusic

from the album - Into The Future

released Nov 20th, 2012

Bio - from almusic

By melding punk with reggae, Bad Brains became one of the definitive American hardcore punk groups of the
    early '80s. Although the group released only a handful of records during its peak, including the legendary
    cassette-only debut, Bad Brains, they developed a dedicated following, many of whom would later form their
    own hardcore and alternative bands. As for Bad Brains themselves, they continued to record and tour in
    varying lineups led by guitarist Dr. Know into the late '90s yet never managed to break out of their cult

Dr. Know (born Gary Miller), a former jazz fusion guitarist, formed Bad Brains in 1979, inspired by both
    the amateurish rage of the Sex Pistols and the political reggae of Bob Marley. Realizing that the lines
    between punk and reggae were already blurred in the U.K., he set out to replicate that situation in the
    U.S., and he recruited several similarly minded musicians -- vocalist H.R. (born Paul D. Hudson), bassist
    Darryl Aaron Jenifer, and drummer Earl Hudson -- to prove his point. Bad Brains quickly became one of the
    most popular punk bands on the East Coast, particularly in their hometown of Washington, D.C. Their live
    performances were legendary, but their recordings were difficult to find. Their debut single, "Pay to
    Cum," was pressed in limited numbers, and their 1982 debut album was only issued in cassette form by ROIR.
    In addition to the Bad Brains tape, the group released a handful of other EPs in 1982, finally moving to
    PVC for 1983's full-length debut, Rock for Light, which was produced by Ric Ocasek.

The handful of indie recordings Bad Brains left behind, as well as their live shows, made the band
    legendary in American hardcore, yet few potential fans could actually hear the band due to poor
    distribution and erratic touring. The band took three years to deliver the follow-up to Rock for Light,
    finally releasing I Against I on SST in 1986. In those three years, the group developed more heavy metal
    leanings, and the resulting record received mixed reviews. More importantly, it divided the band, with Dr.
    Know and Jenifer wishing to continue to pursue heavy rock, and H.R. and Hudson wanting to devote
    themselves to reggae. Over the next three years, the latter pair frequently left the band to make reggae
    albums before finally departing in 1989. They were replaced by Israel Joseph-I (born Dexter Pinto) and
    Mackie Jayson, respectively.

In the wake of the alternative rock boom of the early '90s, Bad Brains were finally offered a major-label
    contract in 1993, releasing Rise on Epic later that year. The album bombed and the group was dropped.
    Maverick Records offered the group a contract in 1995, provided that the original lineup reunited. They
    did so and released God of Love that summer, to mixed reviews and poor sales. H.R. and Hudson left the
    band shortly after the album's release, and the band was dropped by Maverick. In 1998 the band again
    reunited and began touring under the name Soul Brains.

In 2002, Reggae Lounge compiled remixes of Bad Brains' '80s hits and released a full-length dub album
    titled I & I Survived. The following year Caroline released Banned in DC: Bad Brains' Greatest Riffs, a
    solid anthology compiling songs from their first album up to Quickness. For the next few years, the group
    members concentrated on solo endeavors, with a few scattered guest appearances on other bands' albums or
    live shows. In 2006, Bad Brains reunited for a few shows at CBGB's, which quickly sold out. With a
    resurging interest in the band, in early 2007, Megaforce announced that they had signed them to their
    roster. Under Beastie Boy Adam Yauch's studio supervision, the original band went back to the studio for
    the first time in over a decade and recorded Build a Nation, an inspired attempt at returning to the
    band's hardcore roots. In early 2011 the band began work on the next record. The record was initially
    titled "Let's Have Fun", but that title didn't stick and was changed to Into the Future, an album which
    saw release in November of 2012.

Album Review - from allmusic

D.C. punkers Bad Brains have achieved a well-deserved legendary status, built not just on their essential
    albums like Rock for Light and I Against I paving the way for years of hardcore to come, but also for
    being one of the first all-black groups in the predominantly white early punk scene. In the 30 years
    passing between Bad Brains' 1982 debut cassette and this album, multiple breakups, solo excursions, and
    reunions have ensued, and the 2000s and 2010s have been spotty times for this always tumultuous unit. Into
    the Future follows 2002's I & I Survived, an album based primarily on dub instrumentals and absent
    original Bad Brains screamer H.R., as well as the raw bombast of 2007's Adam Yauch-produced Build a
    Nation. That album attempted a return to the ragged glory of the band's early speed-demon hardcore days,
    and probably came as close as possible given the years and weather they'd seen since. Into the Future
    takes a similar path, turning out 13 new jams that volley between dub-styled reggae and the kind of loud-
    and-fast hardcore with funk and metal undertones that they've been perfecting for ages. Like Build a
    Nation, however, it's not quite as loud and just a little bit less fast than before. Songs like "Youth of
    Today," "Come Down," and the title track all throw back to early punk roots, with abrupt breakdowns,
    dissonant chord changes, and rapidly shifting time signatures. "Popcorn" is somewhere between hardcore and
    a metalized hip-hop beat, with some shades of danger and grit transmitting through the song's brutally
    crunchy guitars and H.R.'s bellowing. While the album includes a fair amount of reggae tracks (which is
    typical of most Bad Brains releases), most of the lyrics are steeped in Rastafarian imagery and references
    to Rasta culture. The soupy digital dub of "Jah Love" is peppered with audio snippets from an early
    interview and the guitar-heavy rocksteady number "Make a Joyful Noise" floats by on a cloud of ganja
    smoke. The album closes with "MCA Dub," a tribute to the passed Beastie Boy and close friend of the band.
    Like on the last album, H.R.'s vocals are considerably huskier and lower than the demonic growl of his
    youth. Unlike that album, though, the vocals come off as cool, distant, and wizened instead of overly
    stoned and lethargic. It's amazing enough that the energy of early-'80s Bad Brains recordings was even
    able to be captured on audio tape to begin with. Bands full of kids born years into the reign of the
    Brains still can't come close to the lightning storm in a bottle that was Rock for Light, so it's foolish
    to hold the bandmembers themselves up to their previous work from decades past. Into the Future fares
    better than the stale output of most reunited punk acts and also rises above a weak rehash for the sake of
    nostalgia. Always true to their original vision, Bad Brains continue sailing on.

Track Listing

1. Into the Future
    2. Popcorn
    3. We Belong Together
    4. Youth of Today
    5. Rub a Dub Love
    6. Yes I
    7. Suck Sess
    8. Jah Love
    9. Earnest Love
    10. Come Down
    11. Fun
    12. Make a Joyful Noise
    13. MCA Dub
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

if the rest of the album is as good as the link you posted,then....a score of 1.0 is grossly exagerated IMO!(just a shame that is the minimum score)