Thread: One Direction - Take Me Home

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

Default One Direction - Take Me Home

online listen
    oh yeah, the boy bands (another stupid term)
    nothing I can say I like, but it wasn't terrible
    teenage boys singin' "tonight let's get some"
    just boys being boys
    1.3 from me and not yet rated by the pros at allmusic

from the album - Live While We're Young

released Nov 13th, 2012

Bio - allmusic

Following the success of JLS and the Wanted, X-Factor contestants One Direction were the next group of
    heartthrobs to help revive the previously dying concept of the boy band. Niall Horan from Mullingar,
    Ireland; Zayn Malik from Bradford; Harry Styles from Cheshire; Louis Tomlinson from Doncaster, and Liam
    Payne from Wolverhampton (the latter had previously reached the judge's house stages of The X-Factor as a
    14-year-old back in 2008) originally entered the 2010 seventh series of the talent show as individuals,
    but following a suggestion from guest judge Nicole Scherzinger, they were grouped together to become One
    Direction. Mentored by Simon Cowell, they soon became one of the favorites to win the show, thanks to
    renditions of Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You," Elton John's "Something About the Way You
    Look Tonight," and Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart." However, despite receiving a standing
    ovation for their duet with Robbie Williams ("She's the One") in the live final, they eventually finished
    third behind Rebecca Ferguson and winner Matt Cardle. Spotting the potential of five Justin Bieber-esque
    teen pinups, Cowell signed them to his Syco label in a 2million deal, and after performing on the X-
    Factor tour, the quintet began work on their debut album with Savan Kotecha (Britney Spears, Enrique
    Iglesias). Following a sponsorship deal with Nintendo DS and a book, Forever Young, named after their
    cover of the Alphaville classic which was intended to be their winner's song, they released their first
    single, "What Makes You Beautiful," in late 2011. The full-length album, Up All Night, followed soon
    after. In 2012, One Direction became the first British band to debut on top of the Billboard 200 list when
    Up All Night sold over 176, 000 copies during its first week of release in America. In late 2012, One
    Direction released its sophomore album, Take Me Home. Highlighting more of the band's melodic pop, Take Me
    Home featured songs and production via Sweden's Carl Falk, Rami Yacoub, and Savan Kotecha, who worked on
    Up All Night, as well as contributions from such luminaries as Max Martin and Dr. Luke. In August of 2012,
    the band released the single "Live While We're Young" online.

Album Review - from huffington post

One Direction's sophomore album, "Take Me Home," comes one year after the group released its debut, "Up
    All Night," in the United Kingdom. The latter came out in America just eight months ago, has already sold
    1.3 million units and is still in the Top 25.

The wholesome-looking quintet has joined Justin Bieber in the affections of girls everywhere, with their
    puppy eyes, trendy haircuts and rather good voices. And the boy band's new album delivers on the brief,
    vaguely catchy songs that appeal to both the romantic and the wild side of teenage girls.

The record relies heavily on perky and melancholic guitars, and on romantic invitations like "I want to be
    your last first kiss" on "Last First Kiss," which then veer into the leery "Tonight let's get some" on the
    very honest and upbeat first single, "Live While We're Young." It's full of riffs that haven't been heard
    since the 1990s boy bands took their final bows.

"Take Me Home" is mainly produced by the same folks behind the group's debut, including Rami Yacoub, Carl
    Falk and Savan Kotecha. English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran returns, too, co-writing two ballads ("Little
    Things," "Over Again") that break up the overall upbeat preppiness of the disc with memorable choruses.

The album feels relentless in rhythm, sometimes even during the ballads, with a homogenous sound and
    message like a teenage boy who says all the right words in a rush to get what he wants. But this time
    they're only singing the right words to get to your wallets and adoration. And they're most likely going
    to get it.

Track Listing

1. Live While We're Young
    2. Kiss You
    3. Little Things
    4. C'mon, C'mon
    5. Last First Kiss
    6. Heart Attack
    7. Rock Me
    8. Change My Mind
    9. I Would
    10. Over Again
    11. Back For You
    12. They Don't Know About Us
    13. Summer Love
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Dani's daughter would not be impressed with your thoughts on the album...she loves these guys, teenage musings i guess!!!!

External Communications TraceNspace's Avatar
    Florida, United States

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY-HORSE View Post
    Dani's daughter would not be impressed with your thoughts on the album...she loves these guys, teenage musings i guess!!!!
    Yep, I had a teenage girl visiting over the weekend that was trying to convince me this was good music. I burned a few CD's I thought she should listen to. lol
    "I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
    I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down

haha. i have actually started my music blog and since this was all evrybody was talking about i reviewed this. this is the link. i would love to know what people think. :)

I never thought that this would be a huge success to the One Direction group. On their success i also feel the fever on it. because one of my co workers also listening to the songs of one directions. Even if he is to old on it. hahahaha nice songs. continue inspiring people. :) Godbless!

I like this album alot )