so why not back to the pits of hell
there are a few here where the screamer gets background
I could handle those
the rest is not my thing but it may be yours
1.2 from me and a converted 2.2 from the pros at allmusic

from the album - Down Through The Ages

released Nov 6th, 2012

Bio - from allmusic

Formed by guitarist Oli Herbert and ex-Shadows Fall vocalist Phil Labonte in 1998, Massachusetts' All That
Remains debuted in 2002 with Behind Silence and Solitude on Metal Blade. Rounded out by drummer Michael
Bartlett, guitarist Chris Bartlett, and bassist Danny Egan, the record first showcased the band's
blistering and heavy take on melodically infused hardcore death metal. All That Remains went through some
lineup changes, and guitarist Mike Martin was added in for their 2004 breakthrough on Prosthetic Records,
This Darkened Heart. Produced by Killswitch Engage's Adam Dutkiewicz and released to rave reviews, the
record landed All That Remains on various shows and tours with the likes of GWAR, the Crown, Arch Enemy,
Darkest Hour, and more. They continued touring nonstop behind Heart, taking a break only in late 2005 to
begin writing new material for their third full-length. Working again with Dutkiewicz and Prosthetic, the
band recorded The Fall of Ideals, which appeared in July 2006. By this time, the group was comprised of
Labonte, Herbert, Martin, drummer Shannon Lucas, and bassist Jeanne Sagan. All That Remains hit the road
once again, spending time on the European leg of the Sounds of the Underground tour and the summer's
Ozzfest; nationwide headlining dates were completed that fall. Overcome followed in 2008, including two
singles ("Chiron," "Two Weeks") that also appeared in the video-game franchise Rock Band. Their fifth
album, For We Are Many, was produced by Adam Dutkiewicz and appeared in 2010. The album shot to the tenth
spot on the Billboard 200 while the band set out on tour with Hatebreed and Five Finger Death Punch. All
That Remains' eclectic sixth album, A War You Cannot Win, arrived in 2012.

Album Review - from allmusic

There are a lot of homogenous albums out there, but every so often an album drops that feels as though the
band wanted to make a mixtape, and just figured it'd be easier to write the songs rather than dig through
their record collection. This is totally the case with A War You Cannot Win, the sixth album from the
subgenre-hopping All That Remains, which finds the band delivering melody and menace in equal measure. For
a less-experience band, this kind of jack-of-all-trades metal might come across as scattered, hinting at
an inability to find themselves as a band. What makes All That Remains special is that they've managed to
make not having a niche their specialty, a rarity in a genre as stratified as heavy metal. As confident as
ever, the band smoothly shifts from the driving, metalcore thrash of opening tracks "Down Thru the Ages"
and You Can't Fill My Shadow" into the more anthemic, arena ready-rock of "Stand Up" without missing a
beat. Like a magician pulling the table cloth out from under the table settings, the band pulls off these
shifts in tone without disturbing the balance of the album, making the changes something that the listener
is aware of, but never shocked by. By casting such a wide net with their sound, A War You Cannot Win might
not satisfy most listeners all the way through, but just about anyone approaching the album will find
something on here to like. While this might be a bit jarring to newcomers checking out the album based on
one of its singles, it's a trait that fans of the band are used to (and are undoubtedly pretty keen on).

Track Listing

1. Down Through the Ages
2. You Can't Fill My Shadow
3. Stand Up
4. A Call to All Non-Believers
5. Asking Too Much
6. Intro
7. Just Moments in Time
8. What If I Was Nothing
9. Sing For Liberty
10. Not Fading
11. Calculating Loneliness