Lancaster, Kentucky, United States

Default Calvin Harris - 18 Months

online listen
    10 of the 15 tracks have a featured artist
    I guess Calvin Harris pushed buttons and turned knobs
    I don't even get the electronic scene
    anyway this is techno dance crap
    you can have it
    except for the clip which I sort of like and is not representative of the album
    1.3 from me and a converted 2.0 from the pros at allmusic

from the album - We'll Be Coming Back

released Oct 30th, 2012

Bio - from allmusic

Favoring a naughty schoolboy look that makes him seem even younger than his already tender years (22 when his first
    major-label album was released), Scottish artist, producer, and remixer Calvin Harris has a similarly youthful and
    forward-looking approach to his music. Skipping the usual apprenticeship in the clubs or on indie labels, Harris
    went from posting his own D.I.Y. electroclash music online through MySpace and similar sites to signing with the
    multinational giant EMI almost in a single step. A couple steps later, he was producing material for Kylie Minogue,
    Dizzee Rascal, and Rihanna.

Born on January 17, 1984, in the southern Scotland city of Dumfries, Harris was first attracted to electronic music
    in his teens and was recording bedroom demos by 1999. Two of these songs, "Da Bongos" and "Brighter Days," were
    released as a 12" club single and CD-EP by the Prima Facie label in early 2002 under the artist name Stouffer. With
    that single to his credit, the still teenaged Harris moved from Scotland to London, but as a very small fish in one
    of the world's largest and most competitive ponds, Harris floundered; only one of his songs was released during his
    time in London, "Let Me Know" with vocalist Ayah on the Unabombers' 2004 live-mix CD Electric Soul, Vol. 2.

Returning home to Dumfries, Harris began posting homemade solo recordings to his MySpace page. An A&R representative
    from EMI liked what he heard and signed Harris to the label in 2006. Following a pair of successful singles, Harris
    released his debut album, I Created Disco, in the summer of 2007. It featured two Top Ten hits ("Acceptable in the
    80s" and "The Girls"), and climbed high in the album charts. Along with his work as a solo artist, including touring
    in front of a full live band, Harris quickly became an in-demand remixer -- working on singles by Jamiroquai, Groove
    Armada, All Saints, and CSS. He also wrote and produced songs for Kylie Minogue's 2007 comeback album, and
    collaborated with Dizzee Rascal on "Dance wiv Me," which reached number one in the U.K.

"I'm Not Alone," the first single from his second album, also hit number one upon release in April 2009, as did the
    album when it appeared that August. That album, Ready for the Weekend, topped the U.K. album chart and peaked at
    number 12 on Billboard's U.S. dance/electronic chart. Through 2011, Harris took on production work for Example,
    Tinchy Stryder, and Rihanna ("We Found Love," a quadruple-platinum hit in the U.S.), while he also issued two more
    of his own singles (the Kelis collaboration "Bounce" and "Feel So Close"). Harris' third solo album, Calvin Harris,
    was released in June 2012.

Album Review - from allmusic

While Calvin Harris had a pretty good career going already as a dance-pop singer and producer with two albums and a
    fair number of hits under his belt, his 2011 collaboration with Rihanna on “We Found Love” gave his profile a
    stratospheric boost. On 18 Months, so titled because that’s how long it took to be made, Harris steps away from the
    microphone for the most part in favor of a cast of famous friends and acquaintances to create an album that plays
    like 50 minutes of mainstream radio pop. The basic template of the album’s sound can be found in “We Found Love,”
    with its melancholy and romantic lyrics, impassioned vocal build-ups, and pounding techno beats all coated with
    layers of shiny synths. The success of each effort rests on the vocalist and how well they can fit their style into
    the Harris sound. For example Ellie Goulding’s icy innocence on “I Need Your Love” works far better than Florence
    Welch’s desperate wail that pushes “Sweet Nothing” over the top. Elsewhere, Kelis’ sassy and assured work on
    “Bounce” is fresh and fun, and Ne-Yo’s smooth croon complements “Let’s Go” perfectly. 18 Months shows Harris to be a
    solid producer with an easily identifiable sound.

Track Listing

1. Thinking About You
    2. Awooga
    3. Let's Go
    4. Here 2 China
    5. School
    6. Sweet Nothing
    7. Drinking From the Bottle
    8. I Need Your Love
    9. Iron
    10. Mansion
    11. We'll Be Coming Back
    12. We Found Love
    13. Feel So Close [Radio Edit]
    14. Bounce [Radio Edit]
    15. Green Valley
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.”
    Will Rogers

this one is getting hyped up out here...i asked Tem about it today, his reply...crap!,you wouldnt like it, his advice and your review make me say, "no"

this is amazing