getting closer
liked a couple on here, including the clip
falls short of the mark
but there's always tomorrow
1.5 from me and a converted 2.0 from the pros at allmusic

from the album - Go To Hell

released Sept 18th, 2012

Bio - from allmusic

Singer/guitarist Jason Lancaster left Mayday Parade in April 2007, shortly after the band finished recording the
album A Lesson in Romantics for Fearless Records. Burnt out on music and needing a break, Lancaster quickly
discovered, however, that he couldn't stay away from playing for long, and by 2008, he had moved on and formed the
similar-sounding Go Radio. Based in Tallahassee, FL, he recruited bassist Matt Burns and drummer Steven Kopacz, and
after going through two guitarists, the band eventually found another guitarist in Alex Reed by 2009. It was decided
within weeks that the guys wanted the group to be more than just a hobby, and in August 2008, Go Radio's first EP of
emo-laced pop/rock was released, titled Welcome to Life. They toured behind the record, sharing dates with fellow
Floridian rockers Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, among others, and in January 2010, they were signed by Lancaster's old
label, Fearless Records. Go Radio's second EP, Do Overs and Second Chances, was recorded with the help of producers
Zack Odom and Kenneth Mount (All Time Low, Mayday Parade) and issued in April 2010. The seven-song record was then
supported on the road with A Day to Remember, August Burns Red, and Silverstein. The band's sophomore full-length,
Close the Distance, arrived in 2012.

Album Review - from allmusic

Back when Go Radio released their debut album in 2011, it felt like Jason Lancaster was still transitioning from his
time in Mayday Parade with an album that was a mix of driving pop-punk and plaintive alt-rock. However, the album
had bigger, more emotional moments mixed in that felt like the promise of something different, and on the band's
sophomore effort, Close the Distance, the band makes good on that promise. Overall, it feels like Go Radio have
settled into their sound, giving the album a more relaxed sound that finds them opting to make their songs bigger
rather than faster. This gives Close the Distance a mellow, more plaintive vibe that their debut, attempting to wash
over listeners rather than simply bowl them over. While this means the album lacks the teeth of its predecessor, it
allows the band to focus more on reflection, and provides the songs with a greater sense of depth. This might be a
bit jarring at first for fans of the band's earlier, more uptempo work, especially given the relatively short time
between releases. Anyone who sticks with it will realize that, at their core, Go Radio aren't just the same band
that they were on Lucky Street, but that Close the Distance literally closes the distance between the band they were
and the band they were trying to be. And even though they don't quite have the fire that they used to, this more
fully realized sound shouldn't have much trouble keeping their fans happy.

Track Listing

1. I Won't Lie
2. Baltimore
3. Collide
4. Go To Hell
5. Lost And Found
6. Close The Distance
7. What If You Don't
8. Things I Don't See
9. The Ending
10. Over Me
11. Hear Me Out