press keeps telling me I'm supposed to like these guys
    went for the last one only to be let down
    only 1 track here I like on first listen, Heaven Is A Ghost Town
    I guess Steel And Blood is the single, which is a borderline like
    1.5 from me and a converted 2.0 from the pros at allmusic

from the album - Steel And Blood

released August 28th 2012

Bio - from allmusic

With catchy song titles like "Hey, Wanna Throw Up? Get Me Naked," "Monkey!!! Knife!!! Fight!!!," and "Lemurs, Man,
    Lemurs," it's hard not to be at least a little bit curious about this Seattle-based quintet. Featuring members of
    Botch, Kill Sadie, and Sharks Keep Moving, Minus the Bear emerged on Seattle's music scene in 2001 with the release
    of their six-song EP This Is What I Know About Being Gigantic. The band comprised guitarist Dave Knudson, vocalist/
    guitarist Jake Snider, drummer Erin Tate, and bassist Cory Murchy. Though the band entered the studio before they
    ever played a show, they toured aggressively in support of the EP, then returned to the studio to record 2002's
    Highly Refined Pirates, their first full-length album. Both the EP and LP were released by Seattle-based Suicide
    Squeeze Records.

Though the song titles may lead one to believe that they're a novelty act, Minus the Bear provides polished,
    shrewdly arranged songs. Finger-tapped guitar riffs mixed with catchy melodies and unexpected time changes keep
    listeners interested and entertained. Minus the Bear issued two EPs in 2004: Bands Like It When You Yell "Yar!" at
    Them on Suicide Squeeze and They Make Beer Commericals Like This on Arena Rock. Their next full-length, the self-
    produced Menos el Oso (Spanish for Minus the Bear), appeared in August 2005; the remix album Interpretaciones del
    Oso followed in early 2007. The band released the full-length Planet of Ice later that year. In 2009 the band went
    into the studio with My Morning Jacket producer Joe Chiccarelli, and the following year released the album Omni
    through Dangerbird Records. Their fifth album, Infinity Overhead, followed on the label in 2012.

Album Review - from allmusic

After the more laid-back, electronic-focused Omni, Minus the Bear return with a little more bite and purpose for
    their fifth album, Infinity Overhead. Where their last effort went for smoothness through layers of synthesizers,
    this album finds Minus the Bear falling back in love with their guitars, getting back to the intricate, mathy sound
    of their earlier work. "Toska" and "Cold Company" show off a return of the tapped-out guitar lines that helped to
    define their sound, with the latter featuring some truly dazzling flourishes. More impressive than the guitar work,
    however, is how casual the whole thing manages to sound. Whether they're firing off lightning-fast guitar licks or
    delivering something more languid and nuanced, like the plaintive and atmospheric "Heaven Is a Ghost Town," the
    effort level feels generally the same, with the band remaining in control. While this can sometimes cause the
    album's pace to feel a bit homogeneous, Minus the Bear's keen ear for layered melody provides a lot of depth for
    listeners to explore. Though Infinity Overhead isn't exactly a return to form for Minus the Bear, it does find them
    moving back toward what they do best, and is a step in a promising direction for fans hoping for the band to return
    to the more vigorous sound of Menos el Oso, and even though the album may lack a bit of fire, it feels like an olive
    branch to fans who may have been disappointed by Omni's more electronic sound.

Track Listing

1. Steel And Blood
    2. Lies And Eyes
    3. Diamond Lightning
    4. Toska
    5. Listing
    6. Heaven Is A Ghost Town
    7. Empty Party Rooms
    8. Zeros
    9. Lonely Gun
    10. Cold Company

yay!...a vevo video i can watch!

dont like the guitar work, too repeatative IMO.
    like the guy's vocals...sound familliar, but cant place who he sounds like???
    stupid video,except for the woman LOL

not enough in it for me to purchase though,but ok i guess.