shoegaze stuff I guess
    at least that's what I was doin'
    didn't understand a word he said, unless it was the title
    not my thing but it may be yours
    1.0 from me and a converted 2.2 from the pros at allmusic

from the album - Things That We Found

released August 21st, 2012

Bio - from allmusic

Led by former Gordons guitarist Alister Parker, noise rock unit Bailter Space emerged from Christchurch, New Zealand
    in 1987. Originally comprised of former Clean and Great Unwashed drummer Hamish Kilgour, Pin Group alum Ross
    Humphries on bass, and Glenda Bills on drums, the group issued its debut EP, Nelsh, on the famed Flying Nun label
    later that year; both Humphries and Bills departed soon after, resulting in the addition of former Gordons bassist
    John Halvorsen in time to record the 1988 full-length Tanker. A tour followed, but when the Clean re-formed, Kilgour
    joined them on a permanent basis; his replacement in Bailter Space was Brent McLachlan, also the drummer in the

Despite the restoration of the Gordons' core roster, however, Bailter Space were a clearly distinct entity, their
    sound more dense and imposing than in their previous incarnation; the trio resurfaced in 1990 with Thermos, mounting
    a tour of the Northern Hemisphere the following year. An EP, The Aim, appeared in 1992, and in 1993 Bailter Space
    released Robot World, their most acclaimed outing to date. Their prolific output continued with Vortura (1994) and
    Wammo (1995) and then slowed down for the last half of the decade, during which the group issued two albums for the
    Turnbuckle label: Capsul (1997) and Solar.3 (1999). In 2004, during a protracted hiatus, Flying Nun issued a self-
    titled compilation. Eight years passed before the band released another album, Strobosphere (Arch Hill, 2012).

Album Review - from allmusic

Apparently it's still the 1990s inside the minds of Alister Parker and Brent McLachlan, and that's not at all a bad
    thing. Guitarist Parker and percussionist McLachlan have taken Bailterspace back to the recording studio for the
    first time since the turn of the century with their 2012 album Strobosphere, and sonically it pretty much picks up
    where the group left off in 1999 -- Parker still fashions a massive wall of guitar noise that's rough and tuneful at
    the same time, McLachlan still urges the songs along with his simple but implacable drumming, and the sound and
    approach of this material recalls those heady days when Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr., and My Bloody Valentine were
    joyously proving that the electric guitar wasn't dead after all. If that suggests this is an exercise in indie rock
    nostalgia, a quick listen to Strobosphere confirms that's not the case; Bailterspace are still working within the
    same musical framework that they established in the late '80s, but the music sounds and feels as powerful and
    engaging as ever, and Parker's many layers of thick, scratchy guitar sounds fit together with the firm snap of a
    jigsaw puzzle and a melodic strength that's elegant but powerfully strong. The songs on Strobosphere sometimes seem
    like frameworks more than fully formed melodic entities, but it's Parker's guitars that put muscle on the bones, and
    from the sounds of this he's been hitting the gym regularly in recent years. The performances sound fresh and alive,
    with enough scrap and spontaneity to suggest the dynamics of a live performance (as do the sudden fade-outs on
    several tracks), though everything here is purposeful and well focused. Strobosphere isn't a comeback for
    Bailterspace, it's a continuation, and confirms one of the great guitar bands of its day hasn't given up on the
    mission of discovering how much wonder can be summoned from a few fuzzy chords.

Track Listing

1. Things That We Found
    2. Strobosphere
    3. Blue Star
    4) Polarize
    5) No Sense
    6) Meeting Place
    7) Island
    8) OP1
    9) Live By The Ocean
    10) Dset
    11) World We Share

another one i just got round to hearing.....

not my thing neither MH...boring,repeatative Britpop sounding IMO...
    guitar work is similar to a few old Oasis album tracks though....New Zealand is generally behind the times, dont even think they have electricity down there as yet LOL