toured with My Morning Jacket
    produced by Black Keys dude
    those peaked my attention
    best of the month for me so far
    on my list
    1.8 from me and a converted 2.2 from the pros at allmusic

from the album - Don't Turn Out The Light

released June 19th, 2012

Hailing from San Antonio, Texas, Hacienda are a band with one foot in the past and the other in the present, playing
    music that harks back to pop, soul, and blues sounds of the 1960s and '70s while maintaining a contemporary focus
    and enthusiasm. Hacienda are also a family affair, featuring three brothers -- Abraham Villanueva on keyboards, Rene
    Villanueva on bass, and Jaime Villanueva on drums -- joined by their cousin Dante Schwebel on guitar. Abraham and
    Dante began forming Hacienda in 2004, but had a hard time finding a rhythm section that understood the sound they
    were looking for; meanwhile, Rene and Jamie were playing with a local bar band, but were growing frustrated with
    their musical direction. When Rene and Jamie's band broke up, they teamed up with Abraham and Dante, and Hacienda
    were born.

Early on, Hacienda were interested in the possibilities of the recording studio, so they bought a portable digital
    recording rig and set up a makeshift studio in their practice space. As Hacienda's musical ideas coalesced into
    songs, they assembled a six-song demo CD, and when the Black Keys played a club show in San Antonio in late 2005,
    the members of the band met the group's guitarist, Dan Auerbach, at the bar. After talking music before the show,
    Auerbach was given a copy of Hacienda's demo, and he liked it enough that he contacted the bandmembers, offered his
    opinions on their songs, and passed the demo along to the A&R staff at Fat Possum Records. While Fat Possum
    eventually passed on Hacienda, Auerbach invited the band to record some material at his studio in Akron, Ohio, and
    the sessions produced Hacienda's debut album, 2008's Loud Is the Night. After signing a deal with Alive Naturalsound
    Records (the same label that released the Black Keys' debut), Hacienda hit the road in support of the disc, and in
    2009, when Auerbach released his solo album Keep It Hid, he recruited the members of Hacienda to play in his backing
    band the Fast Five (with Patrick Hallahan of My Morning Jacket joining in).

Hacienda returned to the studio with Auerbach to cut their second album, 2010's Big Red & Barbacoa, and ramped up
    their tour schedule, playing as many as 200 dates a year, headlining club shows and playing larger venues opening
    for Dr. Dog, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, the Greenhornes, and My Morning Jacket. In 2012, Hacienda completed work
    on their third album, Shakedown, which was their first release for Collective Sounds, arriving in stores in June.

Album Review

Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys has played a big part in Hacienda's story to date -- he discovered the San Antonio-
    based band when they passed him a demo CD at a club gig, he produced their first two albums, and recruited them to
    serve as his backing band for a solo tour. But while musicians usually step away from their protégés and give them
    some breathing room with the passage of time, Auerbach has done just the opposite on Hacienda's third album,
    Shakedown. This time, Auerbach not only produced the sessions, he co-wrote the songs with the members of Hacienda,
    and while the band's retro-pop vision and Southwestern soul came through loud and clear on their early recordings,
    all of that's a bit muffled on Shakedown. To the surprise of no one, Shakedown recalls nothing as much as the Black
    Keys, especially in the thick, distorted bottom end and the funkier, blues-based melodic figures that dominate many
    of the tunes, while the band's fascination with the Beach Boys has faded into the background. Of course, Auerbach
    knows a talented band when he hears one, and there's no arguing that Hacienda have made a solid album under his
    direction; on songs like "Let Me Go," "Savage," and "Don't Keep Me Waiting," Hacienda may make like the Black Keys,
    but they sound more subtle and limber than Auerbach's own version of this sound. Abraham Villanueva's keyboards and
    Dante Schwebel's guitar are sweet, passionate, and full of heart, while bassist Rene Villanueva and drummer Jaime
    Villanueva are a rock-solid and soulful rhythm section. And when Hacienda's own personality shines through on
    "Natural Life," "You Just Don't Know," and "Pilot in the Sky," they sound just as satisfying as they did on their
    first two albums. Hacienda have certainly benefited from having a famous and talented friend in their corner, but as
    good as Shakedown is, it suggests that it's high time these guys found another producer -- or maybe started doing
    studio work by themselves while they still have ideas of their own.

Track Listing

1. Veronica
    2. Let Me Go
    3. Don't Turn
    4. Savage
    5. You Just Don't Know
    6. Don't Keep Me Waiting
    7. Natural Life
    8. Doomsday
    9. Don't You Ever
    10. Pilot in the Sky
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.”
    Will Rogers

nice link MH