Thread: Listening for Nostalgia

Default Listening for Nostalgia

I had no idea what to title this...

Basically do you have those artists that you know are not very good but you listened to them when you were younger so now you have some nostalgic connection to them ?

Sadly, I grew up in the 90s and well... nough said. The first concert I ever went to was Jack's Mannequin :/ But now, I like to think my taste has grown.

I recently listened to the new Motion City Soundtrack album "Go", why? Because I went through a phase when that was all I listened to, so nostalgia called me back to it....

Have anything like that?
    ( Sorry if this is confusing )
    Peace and Love,
    Penny Lane
    Breakfast with Myself

Art is the only thing you cannot punch a button for. You must do it the old-fashioned way. Stay up and really burn the midnight oil. There are no compromises. - Leonytne Price

Every once in a while I go on a boy-band binge on Youtube for nostalgia (Grew up in the 90's as well). And that Kanye West/Chris Martin song about going home was all my roommate played for about 2 months straight in my freshmen year of high school, so I'll turn that on once every blue moon for the nostalgia.

I think everybody has someone like this. I don't do it often, but there are times when I'm scrolling through my ipod and will listen to something that I know is bad or I don't like anymore, purely for nostalgia reasons.