like the horns with the reggae
    gives it a jazzy feel
    but then, reggae is not my thing after Marley, Tosh
    nothing reaches a like but four come close
    1.2 from me and not yet graded by the pros at allmusic

from the album - Humility

released Apr 24th, 2012

Bio - from allmusic

Northern California-based reggae group Groundation were formed by guitarist/singer/lyricist Harrison Stafford,
    keyboardist Marcus Urani, and bassist Ryan Newman in 1998. The rest of the band personnel has fluctuated. As of
    2009, it included a horn section consisting of David "Diesel" Chachere (trumpet), Kelsey Howard (trombone), and Dr.
    Jason Robinson (saxophone), as well as percussionist Mingo Lewis, Jr. and singers Kim Pommell and Stephanie
    Wallace. The group's newest member was drummer Te Kanawa Haereiti. Groundation self-released their debut album,
    Young Tree, on their own Young Tree label in 1999. Each One Teach One followed on July 31, 2001. The disc featured
    guests Ras Michael and Marcia Higgs. Hebron Gate, released January 21, 2003, included Don Carlos and the Congos as
    guests. Don Carlos also appeared on We Free Again (November 16, 2004), along with Apple Gabriel. In 2005,
    Groundation released the dub album Dub Wars. After the appearance of Upon the Bridge on October 17, 2006, the band
    not only toured internationally as usual, but, for the first time, also performed in the eastern half of the U.S.
    The domestic release of Here I Am on August 18, 2009, also heralded a round of American tour dates.

Album Review - from allmusic

Throwing everything from salsa to dub to jazz-funk into their typically eclectic melting pot of sounds, Building an
    Ark is the seventh full-length studio album from arguably the roots reggae scene's most progressive outfit,
    Californian nine-piece Groundation. The follow-up to 2009's Here I Am features ten tracks that manage to transfer
    the high energy and virtuoso musicianship of their improvisational live shows, including the single "Humility."

Track Listing

1. Building an Ark
    2. Humility
    3. Be That Way
    4. Merry-Go-Round
    5. Payaka Way
    6. Who Is Gonna
    7. Keep It Up
    8. Sunlight Reflection
    9. Daniel
    10. The Dreamer
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Lead Vocalist
    Santa Paula, CA

As an Ex Northern Californian, I've seen this band a few times and I like them. It's new reggae in the old style and that's the style of reggae I most like. A lot of the newer reggae is either too dub or trying to be hip hop. This was already on my buy list, but thanks for the post

different stroke for diffent folks i guess R_burke....

i do not like reggae much, some of Marley's tracks are pretty good though, as are the few tracks i know by Desmond Dekker, some of UB40's earlier materail is also good, but the rest....i'll leave up to you to buy LOL!