not as bad as I expected though
if it wasn't for all that vibratto
not much dance stuff
just r&b
1.3 from me and a converted 2.1 from the pros at allmusic

from the album - Until It's Gone

released Apr 10th, 2012

Bio - from allmusic

Atlanta R&B vocalist Monica debuted in 1995 with the platinum Top Ten singles "Don't Take It Personal (Just One of
Dem Days)" and "Before You Walk Out of My Life." After appearing on LL Cool J's Mr. Smith later that year, she
recorded another killer duet with Brandy, "The Boy Is Mine," which spent several weeks at the top of the singles
charts during summer 1998. Her second album, also titled The Boy Is Mine, was released in July 1998. She scored a
few more chart successes through the following spring, but a long period of silence marked time between albums. The
much-delayed After the Storm finally hit stores in the spring of 2003 and reached the top of the Billboard 200,
while the following Makings of Me took three years to materialize and hardly suffered for it, reaching the Top Ten.
Still Standing, released in 2010, was preceded by a BET reality series of the same name, which debuted the previous
October. It was her second consecutive number one R&B album, and her fourth consecutive Top Ten Billboard 200
release. She followed that success in 2012 with New Life which featured her re-pairing with Brandy on the single,
"It All Belongs To Me."

Album Review - from allmusic

Two years after releasing her sixth studio album, Still Standing, and its accompanying hit reality TV show, singer
Monica returned with 2012's New Life. Once again working with a bevy of producers from Still Standing, including
Palow tha Don, Missy Elliott, Bryan-Michael Cox, and others, Monica delivered a sophisticated and mature collection
of contemporary R&B that found the onetime '90s teen superstar finally moving on from her former fiancé and father
of her two sons, rapper Rocko (Rodney Hill Jr.), from whom she split in 2010. Here, Monica delves into the pitfalls
of adult relationships gone bad where kids are involved and complex modern lives filled with houses, cars, clothes,
and even Macbooks -- as Monica points out in "It All Belongs to Me," her reunion with '90s duet partner-in-crime
Brandy -- must be sussed out. However, the strong survivor that Monica reveals herself to be here doesn't quibble
with details and instead takes the approach that her man should simply pack his bags and get out, because "all that
sh*t belongs to me." It’s just this kind of saucy, spirited, and soulful vibe that makes New Life such a refreshing
and focused female soul album. Monica's voice is also in top form here, recalling both her '90s heyday and the
burnished, swaggering approach of such icons as Mary J. Blige and Toni Braxton. This is especially true on such
tracks as the pleading slow burn of "Daddy's Good Girl," the Elliott-produced single "Anything (To Find You)" (a
bonus track on the Deluxe Edition), and the anthemic ballad "Until It's Gone." These are slick but straightforward
productions that mix a deft synth and drum program studio vibe with a warm, overall earthy vibe.

Track Listing

1. New Life (Intro)
2. It All Belongs to Me
3. Daddy's Good Girl
4. Man Who Has Everything
5. Big Mistake
6. Take a Chance Feat. Wale
7. Without You
8. Until It's Gone
9. Amazing
10. Cry
11. Time to Move On