not a good way to start the new album week
    don't know what you call it, but it sucked
    not a thing there that I didn't cringe
    the clip - and they say that's the single
    1.0 from me and a converted 2.1 from the pros at allmusic

from the album - Get Alive

released Apr 3rd, 2012

Bio - from allmusic

Drawing as many comparisons to Terry Riley and Philip Glass as they do to Grizzly Bear and Animal Collective,
    Portland, OR's Au are the brainchild of singer/songwriter Luke Wyland, who began the group in 2005 while studying
    at the Massachusetts College of Art. After relocating, he connected with a rotating cast of Portland
    instrumentalists, including drummers Mark Kaylor and Dana Vlatka and multi-instrumentalist Jonathan Sielaff. The
    group's 2007 self-titled album -- which wove together bluegrass, contemporary classical, and indie rock influences
    -- was a favorite with local and online publications, with the Portland Mercury naming it the year's number two
    Portland album and Stereogum and Pitchfork giving it positive reviews. The group's second album, Verbs, arrived in
    summer 2008.

Album Review - from allmusic

Au's third album finds the duo of Luke Wyland and Dana Valatka continuing in their general vein of studio
    experimentation and rock-as-container-of-possibilities rather than end-all and be-all, though Both Lights isn't
    always completely on the money. Starting off an album with a instrumental called "Epic" could certainly be a sort
    of statement of purpose -- even if the song in question isn't a cover of Faith No More's break-out hit. Yet there's
    a big trebly noise out of the guitars and agreeably pounding drums as well, not to mention some swelling orchestral
    arrangements toward the end, so call it a more straightforward version on the idea. It makes the piano-led, moody
    majesty of "M. Sea" another high point, again exchanging singing for sheer sonics and reveling in the sense of
    something big but warm and inviting about to happen. Yet this contrasts with the following "Solid Gold," also
    piano-led initially but with vocals that seem to undercut everything rather than build it up, no matter how
    energetic things get in the arrangement. Similarly, vocals on songs like "Get Alive" mean that amid all the nervous
    activity, they end up making the link to sounding much more pedestrian, like one too many Arcade Fire wannabes out
    there. Yet moments like the beamed-in stutter-funk keyboard line on "OJ" add a bit of sass to the slow build of the
    arrangements, while "Go Slow"'s re-creation of some of Butterfly Child's most free and open moments, with drums
    exchanged for slow swooning textures and reach, are a lovely highlight.

Track Listing

1. Epic
    2. Get Alive
    3. Crazy Idol
    4. OJ
    5. M.Sea
    6. Solid Gold
    7. Today / Tonight
    8. Why I Must
    9. Go Slow
    10. Old Friend
    11. Don't Lie Down
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

doncha just hate those really aweful albums!!!

im trying to listen to one now that i bought on the strength of a very good leadoff single by far one track gets *** the next seven have all got *, i had to turn it off and i'll have to revisit it later today as i cant stand what im hearing, the same old same old R&B/Rap crap!