Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FIVE votes will ensure the induction of the artist/band into the md hall of fame

Default FIVE votes will ensure the induction of the artist/band into the md hall of fame

MD members, I need your expert feedback ! Matt had suggested at the onset of the HALL of FAME Forum that the required nomination votes be amended to 5 from 10. That suggestion was proposed over three months ago and to be truthful I am slanting toward's Matt's idea of 5 votes. At the time I rejected the proposal and wanted to see the response that we would receive from the overall membership. To be frank the response has been abysmal to say the least.

Therefore I would like your yay or nay to bring forward Matt's proposal of 5 votes for nomination. It appears there are no more than 5 or 6 members who even pay attention to this Forum so we may as well lower it to 5 to ensure nomination for the other great artists who are sitting in limbo for eternity ! ..I'll make the necessary amendments to the Forum if I can receive a concise feedback on this proposal.

The required number of votes for induction into the Hall of Fame is now 5 !

The successful Nominations that have received the required 10 votes will appear here.(10 vote threshold under REVIEW)

Inducted into The MD Hall of Fame

The Beatles - 10 votes

Pending

Frank Sinatra - 9 votes

The Beach Boys - 6 votes

Bob Marley - 6 votes

Miles Davis - 5 votes

Elvis Costello - 5 votes

Igor Stravinsky - 5 votes

Led Zeppelin - 5 votes

BB King - 4 votes

John Fahey - 2 votes

Last edited by SteveO; 14-07-2012 at 13:51.
    " WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON

I am proud to announce that the THE BEATLES have received the required 10 votes and are the first group/artist to be inducted into THE MD HALL OF FAME !

(All MD members please nominate your favorite artists that you feel are Hall of Fame worthy ! It only takes a few lines to justify their nomination !)
    " WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON

The latest results of the MD Hall of Fame. Please feel free to nominate your favorite musician(s) ! Just write a few lines to justify why they should be inducted.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    The successful Nominations that have received the required 10 votes will appear here.

The Beatles - 10 votes

Pending

Frank Sinatra - 8 votes

The Beach Boys - 6 votes

Bob Marley - 6 votes

Miles Davis - 5 votes

Igor Stravinsky - 4 votes

BB King - 4 votes

- JOHN LENNON

thanks for the recap
    we probably need that after every few votes are cast
    A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
    Will Rogers

Latest update for the MD Hall of Fame.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    The successful Nominations that have received the required 10 votes will appear here.

The Beatles - 10 votes

Pending

Frank Sinatra - 8 votes

The Beach Boys - 6 votes

Bob Marley - 6 votes

Miles Davis - 5 votes

BB King - 4 votes

John Fahey - 2 votes

- JOHN LENNON

I vote for Frank Sinatra !
    Peace and Love,
    Penny Lane
    Breakfast with Myself

Art is the only thing you cannot punch a button for. You must do it the old-fashioned way. Stay up and really burn the midnight oil. There are no compromises. - Leonytne Price

MD members, I need your expert feedback ! Matt had suggested at the onset of the HALL of FAME Forum that the required nomination votes be amended to 5 from 10. That suggestion was proposed over three months ago and to be truthful I am slanting toward's Matt's idea of 5 votes. At the time I rejected the proposal and wanted to see the response that we would receive from the overall membership. To be frank the response has been abysmal to say the least.

Therefore I would like your yay or nay to bring forward Matt's proposal of 5 votes for nomination. It appears there are no more than 5 or 6 members who even pay attention to this Forum so we may as well lower it to 5 to ensure nomination for the other great artists who are sitting in limbo for eternity ! ..I'll make the necessary amendments to the Forum if I can receive a concise feedback on this proposal.

The Beatles - 10 votes

Pending

Frank Sinatra - 9 votes

The Beach Boys - 6 votes

Bob Marley - 6 votes

Miles Davis - 5 votes

BB King - 4 votes

John Fahey - 3 votes

Last edited by SteveO; 04-07-2012 at 00:03.

- JOHN LENNON

The successful Nominations that have received the required 10 votes will appear here.(10 vote threshold under REVIEW)

The Beatles - 10 votes

Pending

Frank Sinatra - 9 votes

The Beach Boys - 6 votes

Bob Marley - 6 votes

Miles Davis - 5 votes

Elvis Costello - 5 votes

Led Zeppelin - 5 votes

BB King - 4 votes

John Fahey - 3 votes

- JOHN LENNON

New inductees for the Hall of Fame are:

Frank Sinatra

The Beach Boys

Bob Marley

Elvis Costello

Miles Davis

Led Zeppelin

Igor Sravinsky

Pending

BB King - 4 votes

John Fahey - 3 votes

Previously inducted - The Beatles

- JOHN LENNON

Inductees in the MD Hall of Fame as of Saturday, August 18th are:

The Beatles

Frank Sinatra

The Beach Boys

Bob Marley

Elvis Costello

Miles Davis

Marvin Gaye

Led Zeppelin

Igor Sravinsky

Pending

BB King - 4 votes

John Fahey - 3 votes

- JOHN LENNON