PDA

View Full Version : Travel Music

carbon_psycho
03-03-2010, 16:29
What kind of music you prefer listening to on a long distance journey..
Not your daily routine travels to work, etc.

gryphon
03-03-2010, 16:52
On a long journey I use two approaches

I have a memory stick with around 1000 singles on it tends to be a complilation of chart material and singles I have hunted down over the years
I take five or ten CDs that I really want to listen to: classic rock and Roll , Folk etc

:cool:

carbon_psycho
03-03-2010, 17:17
Any particular artist/genre that you prefer...

Probably something that might evoke certain emotions while on the journey.

gryphon
03-03-2010, 18:16
Yeah! Depends on the journey really , I tend to select the music to reflect the countryside and the emotions it makes me feel............sometimes I choose something about the area I am in or going to.......eg one trip I had was to the Welsh boarders ........so It was Hergest Ridge because I know that Mike Oldfield was inspired to write it in that area.

I was up in Yorkshire in the UK over summer so I took some early Kate Bush ( Wuthering Heights ........etc) One of my great favorites is
Magna Carta which was inspired by the Yorkshire Dales so Magna it was........About 10 years back , it was a journey to Liverpool so it was The Beatles................Several years ago I went to the Midlands in the UK so it was Al Stewart and Clifford T.Ward as both come from around there.

Two years back around December I went to Rothenburg in Germany which is famous for its Christmas wood carvings so it was Phil Spector`s Christmas album and Ommadawn by Mike Oldfield:cool::cool:

Music Head
03-03-2010, 18:19
A long travel for me would be the time I become a radio surfer. Love to find stations out there that I would never hear at home, where other than NPR, I get absolutely nothing but top 40 crap.